Home

A tip for those having trouble passing (dropped balls)

This is a discussion on A tip for those having trouble passing (dropped balls) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2005, 01:50 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: A tip for those having trouble passing (dropped balls)

I agree with all the above points. Another thing I would like to add is to remember to check out the "match-up stick". It's not as talked about this year because this was one of last year's gimics. But i think some people are forgetting to check to see who's "rattled" and who's "composed" out there...(that includes your WR's AND the Secondary). Make sure your QB isn't rattled as well...if he is, start off with screen passes and wr,te drags, and quick slants to get him out of a funk and get his confidence up. I really think HFA is (re)done well this year, not as overblown as last year.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:28 PM   #10
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm tired of the "These aren't pro players, so they are gonna drop balls" excuse. I've seen high schoolers catch easy swing passes or passes out in the flat, there's no excuse for these easy passes to be dropped in NCAA 06. EA dropped the ball on this one, literally and figurtively.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:39 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Believe it or not, another thing that for sure works. Is make sure you're manually dropping your QB back and let him get set before you survey the field. Serisously. A lot of players don't drop back far enough. Remember this isn't ESPN football where the dropback is done for you. If you find that once in awhile that your QB is throwing an 'auto pass'. This is a sign you're not dropping back manually properly.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 02:48 PM   #12
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
I'm tired of the "These aren't pro players, so they are gonna drop balls" excuse. I've seen high schoolers catch easy swing passes or passes out in the flat, there's no excuse for these easy passes to be dropped in NCAA 06. EA dropped the ball on this one, literally and figurtively.
I haven't seen an inordinate number of these sort of passes dropped. Some drops yes, but nothing glaring. Can you give us some more details (teams, diff. setting, etc.)?
Old 07-15-2005, 03:30 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 30

Yeah, I don't get many drops but lofting the ball is a horrible idea on Heisman 80% of the time. You loft that ball and they will house it the other way.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:31 PM   #14
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Also make sure your guy is looking for the ball, or at least in the point in his route where he has a reasonable chance to catch the ball. That plays a big role in a receiver's ability to catch the ball. You'll notice that sometimes a guy will wave his arm in the air to signal that he's open. I don't think those guys ever drop the pass because they are looking for the ball. That's just my experience with the game so far. I started a little shaky but I'm hitting passes at about 60% or so now.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:51 PM   #15
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
I totally agree with you VanillaGorilla. I got the same kind of responses in my thread: My Theory On The Dropped Passes Problem. Half the people didn't even fully read my post, and: "These aren't pro players, so they are gonna drop balls" is similar to what people were saying in there too. It seems like an easy response when people don't have a solution to the problem. I'm NOT saying this to all of you, but this does aply to some.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 10:29 PM   #16
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAnt911
I totally agree with you VanillaGorilla. I got the same kind of responses in my thread: My Theory On The Dropped Passes Problem. Half the people didn't even fully read my post, and: "These aren't pro players, so they are gonna drop balls" is similar to what people were saying in there too. It seems like an easy response when people don't have a solution to the problem. I'm NOT saying this to all of you, but this does aply to some.
I'm with you BigAnt. My top receiver has a catch rating of 90 and he dropped five balls one game. Most of them were open. My question is why do MY players drop the ball right after they're hit, but the CPU can make the exact same catch after getting hit? It's BS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »