Home

Who Are We Kidding?

This is a discussion on Who Are We Kidding? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2005, 08:52 PM   #25
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Who Are We Kidding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmed2Kill
Then don't play online.

Easy as pie
Yes, let's deprive ourself a major feature of the game because cheap idiots ruined it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2005, 08:55 PM   #26
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
Yes, let's deprive ourself a major feature of the game because cheap idiots ruined it.

Sounds good to me
Old 07-16-2005, 08:58 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 10

My idea of it all is that if someone is cheating you, then just cheat back. If they only throw deep, do the same. If they run with their QB constantly and you have a pocket QB, put a CB in there and do the same. I know you might feel guilty doing it, but what other choice do you have besides getting blown out of the sky or playing offline?
Old 07-16-2005, 09:56 PM   #28
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
Just keep me in mind Badgun!

I wont throw bombs on ya, remember.......cheese free.
Boltman, we had a great game...even if you did use a pro team.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:08 PM   #29
MVP

Badgun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
Amazing as it may seem, some people don't have hundreds of online friends who are on constantly. Some people have to play complete strangers online, because they just want to jump into an online game at the spur of the moment. Another weak excuse, "You're just playing the wrong people." Well, when the wrong people is the majority, you can't really help it.
You are absolutely right. Last night practically everyone on my friend's list was playing someone so I got in a few random games. The game is so new and everyone's record is so low that you can't tell if a 1-2 guy is a cheeser or not. Usually I can tell at the team select screen. The other day I played some dude named UMDTERPS33 and he had Maryland selected as his favorite team, who is a B+ just like FSU, but he switched to USC anyway. I just backed out of that one.

Then I got in a game with a guy calling hail marys on 1st down and completeing them. I don't normally quit on anyone, but I quit on this guy. Then another guy using VT takes Vick and runs every down. I put spies on both sides and he ran by the spies! He called like 15 straight running plays with Vick and I quit that one, too. I've already quit 2 more games than I quit all last year.

It also seems like people will quit on you a lot quicker now than they used to. I've had people quit on me afer I score the first TD.

With the impact players being so overpowering and the bomb being almost money, you're going to see a lot more cheesing this year than you did last year.

Wonder why they didn't put the fair play stuff in this game like Madden. I'm already seeing guys go for it on 4th and 26 from their own 25 and throwing deep and getting it. I have a feeling my online career is going to be real short this year.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:20 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was fortunate to hook up with a great bunch of guys on MP in a NCAA league last year, and we are continuing it with NCAA 06. We draft B- teams and have a strict set of rules we follow. Were all about having a blast playing online, winning is just icing on the cake.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:18 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb0581
I know most of you guys have given good reviews of NCAA 2006, but let me shed a little light on the dark truth.

It is still a gangsta-ball fest!!!

I just finished a game online against a guy who ran 2 plays - goalline iso and hail mary. Everything was no-huddled. He was beating the snot out of me before I quit out of frustration. And I consider myself a good player - I've played NCAA since the '98 version on the original PS. I've had my online rank as high as 400.

Why does EA make such a crappy game? Why are they so damn lazy? Everyone knew QB scramble and the deep ball were the downfall of NCAA 05, yet nothing has changed. Why do they reward downright crappy play? So their QB scrambles 30 yards across the field, throws on the run 50 yards downfield, and hits his WR in stride, who catches the ball in the midst of 3 defensive backs? Come ON! Play like that should be punished in the form of an interception or very bad throw.

This game is a sham. If I see Vince Young scramble for another first down on 3rd and 18, I might explode.

Anyone who has played otherwise and differs from this viewpoint should open their eyes.

New year, same old stuff. Nothing has changed.

You should have quit when you noticed the trend.. Heres my motto.. Sim or bust.. Cheese & play unsim, I'm out like Jermain Taylor..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2005, 11:22 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseValentinWooo
Cheese is just a word bad players make up to jusify there losses.

If you can't stop a hail mary or a qb scramble then I feel for you.
Hits too close to home, hu?.. Taking advantage of poorly programmed AI is cheesing, buddy.. I'm sure you do it a lot.. Why else would you be so defensive about it..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »