Home

Step it up to heisman

This is a discussion on Step it up to heisman within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2005, 11:05 AM   #1
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Step it up to heisman

For all of those people who are disliking the AI in this game, I think the best thing to do is to step it up to heisman. I think this year EA only did fine tuning on the heisman level and left the other levels untouched. To me if feels like a whole new game on heisman. I played all the previous NCAA's on AA but now that this year the CPU speed cheat is gone from heisman, I play on that level and i'm loving it. I'm getting realistic gameplay and results and every player plays to their attribute with out either side getting a ratings boosting (human or cpu). Also those of you having problem stopping the run, need to try not using the sprint button. It adds so much momentum to the guy which leads to overpursuit. I stopped using the sprint button and I'm getting better results at stopping the run (or shall I say containing the run) Players like Bush or Peterson still eat me up but not as bad as before. Also try maxing out pass block and knockdowns for both the cpu and human to get a more realistic passing game. This gives you about an extra 2 seconds before the pass rush gets there, but for skilled players those 2 seconds can make a difference. Also with knockdowns, it doesn't make the DBs superhuman, it just makes them put forth more effect at defending against lob passes (i.e. deep balls)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2005, 11:20 AM   #2
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Step it up to heisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
For all of those people who are disliking the AI in this game, I think the best thing to do is to step it up to heisman. I think this year EA only did fine tuning on the heisman level and left the other levels untouched. To me if feels like a whole new game on heisman. I played all the previous NCAA's on AA but now that this year the CPU speed cheat is gone from heisman, I play on that level and i'm loving it. I'm getting realistic gameplay and results and every player plays to their attribute with out either side getting a ratings boosting (human or cpu). Also those of you having problem stopping the run, need to try not using the sprint button. It adds so much momentum to the guy which leads to overpursuit. I stopped using the sprint button and I'm getting better results at stopping the run (or shall I say containing the run) Players like Bush or Peterson still eat me up but not as bad as before. Also try maxing out pass block and knockdowns for both the cpu and human to get a more realistic passing game. This gives you about an extra 2 seconds before the pass rush gets there, but for skilled players those 2 seconds can make a difference. Also with knockdowns, it doesn't make the DBs superhuman, it just makes them put forth more effect at defending against lob passes (i.e. deep balls)
The CPU speed cheat is not gone from Heisman, it maybe toned down but not gone.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-16-2005, 11:22 AM   #3

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I hate All-American level. I feel like Im cheating the CPU if Im not getting their best game. I mean, if I was playing against another individual, I wouldnt stoop my game down to their level just so they can compete.

I find default Heisman to be darn near perfect if you ask me. You just have to learn how to play real football. Doing things like being conservative, running draws on 3rd and long to set up punts, not going for it on 4th downs, establishing a run game, etc.

The CPU doesn't "cheat" on this level. They just play to their potential. The level may seem hard at first, but you learn how to play and once you do, youll be greatly satisfied with your results.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:23 AM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
The CPU speed cheat is not gone from Heisman, it maybe toned down but not gone.
I disagree....Its not a speed cheat, they just play to the speed they are capable of and with higher awareness levels. Fatigue also plays a big part on this level.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:31 AM   #5
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

The speed cheat is gone this year. I went to practice mode to confirm it. I put in the fastest player on the team at quarterback (on heisman) and just snap the ball and immediately ran backwards. no of the players caught up with me and I just ran it back for an intentionally safety. So that experiment proved to me that the speed cheat is gone. The previous poster is right about the CPU potential. players just play more to their strengths on heisman which is what real football is all about. in previous years the defense would get in so fast they also seemed to be moving at a higher speed than the human. Im glad they fixed this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2005, 11:33 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I didnt' notice a speed cheat. Just way too hyper aware CPU players. I like AA. At first I thought Heisman was gonna be great but the Cyber defenders swayed me. I will revisit it someday, just not in the near future.

Old 07-16-2005, 11:41 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I didnt' notice a speed cheat. Just way too hyper aware CPU players. I like AA. At first I thought Heisman was gonna be great but the Cyber defenders swayed me. I will revisit it someday, just not in the near future.
same here i tried for a solid 2-3 days w/ sliders, and none of them worked, now i found a great slider and use that on AA.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:43 AM   #8
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

I only noticed the "cyber defenses" against the really good teams like USC or Tennesee. I get offensive success against the other teams. On heisman the teams really play to their ratings. Try playing heisman against different levelteams and you will appreciate the work gone into this diff. level. The only complete game I did so far was on heisman with default sliders and I won by 10 points. I had Tennessee versus Oklahoma.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »