Home

What does Recruiting Assistance do?

This is a discussion on What does Recruiting Assistance do? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2005, 06:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
What does Recruiting Assistance do?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2005, 06:27 PM   #2
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: What does Recruiting Assistance do?

If it's anything like last years games, it basically allocates leftover points however the CPU sees fit. You'll end up with a lot of scrubs on your team if you leave it on (based on previous years). So I recommend turning it OFF.
“In my lifetime, we've gone from Eisenhower to George W. Bush. We've gone from John F. Kennedy to Al Gore. If this is evolution, I believe that in twelve years, we'll be voting for plants.” - Lewis Black
Old 07-17-2005, 06:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoPitt
If it's anything like last years games, it basically allocates leftover points however the CPU sees fit. You'll end up with a lot of scrubs on your team if you leave it on (based on previous years). So I recommend turning it OFF.
but wouldn't those points just be lost otherwise ?

Id rather have a warm body who might be able to turn into an okay backup one day than nobody at all - depending on my roster space of course

but my view is tinged by playing with my D- created school - the game gave me just 4 cb's and now one is injured

i would love to have a(nother) scrub CB right about now ; )
Old 07-17-2005, 06:38 PM   #4
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSlayer
but wouldn't those points just be lost otherwise ?

Id rather have a warm body who might be able to turn into an okay backup one day than nobody at all - depending on my roster space of course

but my view is tinged by playing with my D- created school - the game gave me just 4 cb's and now one is injured

i would love to have a(nother) scrub CB right about now ; )
You might want a warm body, but if it's a 2-star scrub that takes up a scholarship, preventing you from signing that 4-star guy that's waiting until the last week to decide, you'll think differently.
“In my lifetime, we've gone from Eisenhower to George W. Bush. We've gone from John F. Kennedy to Al Gore. If this is evolution, I believe that in twelve years, we'll be voting for plants.” - Lewis Black
Old 07-17-2005, 06:40 PM   #5
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Please use the sticky in the future for recruiting questions!!! Thanks!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2005, 07:33 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoPitt
That's only if you don't use all the points, but why would you not use all the points?
Old 07-18-2005, 10:46 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

The recruiting assistance has always been mind-boggling in this game. I was just trying recruiting out the other night - just to see the latest innovations (which are impressive, by the way), so I left assistance on.

The stupid computer didn't even bother to recruit at three positions where I needed a player - including kicker (so I literally would not have had a kicker for the next season), but it recruited 2 QBs - giving me 5 on the roster.

I have had similar experiences with recruiting assistance in years past, which is why I always turn it off. The CPU basically picks targets for a lot of strange reasons, and then reallocates your points - often doing things that you don't want it to do. You'll end up missing out on guys you really want, and getting a bunch of random players - which is really annoying - all because the computer reallocates your points.

Bottom line - turn this off. It will ruin your recruiting.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:05 PM   #8
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
The recruiting assistance has always been mind-boggling in this game. I was just trying recruiting out the other night - just to see the latest innovations (which are impressive, by the way), so I left assistance on.

The stupid computer didn't even bother to recruit at three positions where I needed a player - including kicker (so I literally would not have had a kicker for the next season), but it recruited 2 QBs - giving me 5 on the roster.

I have had similar experiences with recruiting assistance in years past, which is why I always turn it off. The CPU basically picks targets for a lot of strange reasons, and then reallocates your points - often doing things that you don't want it to do. You'll end up missing out on guys you really want, and getting a bunch of random players - which is really annoying - all because the computer reallocates your points.

Bottom line - turn this off. It will ruin your recruiting.
I concur. I left recruiting assistance on by mistake once and ended up with 12 HB's and 8 CB's. That's almost one third of my roster at two positions. Sure, both lines needed people, but I guess 1 and 2 star players at HB and CB were the rage in college that year. I normally leave it off until the 5th week. I'll check to see how many total players I have and then use the assistance to try to fill the roster to 70 players. If you do that, though, make sure to turn it off right away, because it will stay on if you allow the CPU to recruit for you just once.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »