Home

Why wont my senior impact reciever catch anything? And other problems...

This is a discussion on Why wont my senior impact reciever catch anything? And other problems... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2005, 12:32 AM   #9
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Why wont my senior impact reciever catch anything? And other problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97

Oh yeah, have you tried using Jistic's AA sliders? If so, have you tried lowering the level you're playing and adjusting the sliders?
I'm using an "altered" version of Jistic's to help me out... no luck.

I'm gonna try to lower it to the next difficulty and mess around with sliders to see if I can find anything.

I started a USF dynasty and in my second game I went something like 14 of 28, which isn't bad... except it was against Florida A&M. I was like 6 of 20 in my opener against PSU.

I'm trying the user catch thing a lot but I just cant get the timing down and it's pretty much useless when throwing any pass with velocity anyway.

I'm experimenting with some different things with my offense... trying very hard to find that intermediate power pass(there's bullet and lob, but I struggle to find that middle one, especially with throwing with the triggers).

I'm not ready to give up on this game, so please help.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:41 AM   #10
Banned

chef423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I'm going through a problem here and DIEING to try to save this game... help.

However, it seems like the same problems that upset me last year are doing it again: recievers cant catch and DBs and LBs are too aware as to where the ball is in the passing game.

I'll start off by stating my history with NCAA...

04-At the time, seemed like the perfect game. I passed well(and realistically), I ran well, I defended well. Had great times with this game playing almost 200 games on my profile.

05-The dropped passes and amazing ability of the computer to tip balls just turned me off completely. Defensively and with the running game, the game was great, but those problems turned me away.

So now let me tell you what I've gone through with 06...

Got the game Thursday after coming home from vacation. Popped it in and me and my friend played 3 games against each other. He beat me 2 out of 3 thanks to the complete inability to stop human run game with default sliders and THE LONG BALL which at the time seemed impossible to defend, but after reading the thread about it, I still have to try something.

So then I played a little myself and saw some obvious problems that I thought sliders could fix. I jumped online, grabbed the sliders, and got back to work. Sliders still no good... need fix... make change... still feel EXACTLY the same.

Which brings me to problem #1: The sliders dont change the game enough. I have my QB accuracy at 80, my QB misses every few passes. I have it at 0, feels like the same result, if not better. I have cpu interceptions at 0... throwing a lot of picks. So I figure "maybe it's backwards" and move it to 100... same result. With tipped balls I'm getting no change one way or another.

Which brings me to problem #2: LBs and DBs tip way too much accross the middle. They're all like superman, just like last year, and know exactly where the ball is going as soon as it leaves me QBs hand. Oh, and I changed cpu awr to zero to experiment and, you guessed it, it still felt exactly the same.

So I just got done playing two games: as USF against UCF and as Akron against Kent State.

Both games I was a higher rated team and playing at home.
Both games I had mobile QBs to help me a little in the passing game.
Both games I ran very well agains the opposition.
Both games I threw horribly: 10 of 24 in a win against UCF and 9 of 27 in a loss to Kent State.

Which brings me to problem #3: WRs STILL DROP TOO MANY BALLS!! Why do I feel like I'm the only one having a problem with this? Granted, I make some mistakes, but when my reciever is wide open, 50% of the time he drops the ball. Same with when there is a defender right by him. I understand that when he catched the ball and is hit the ball may jar loose. But when the guy is simply covering him and there is no contact and he drops it... that I dont understand. The only thing saving me is how horrid the cpu is at defending the long ball, but I dont feel right throwing deep all the time. I figure, with my skill level and knowledge and complete stupidity on some throws, I should be around 50% to 55% completions(with one or two ints, which I'm getting) and improving. I would be perfectly happy with 55% right now. And I may have 55%(or close to it) if my senior impact reciever would catch the ball when he's leading the defender on an out. I've tried bullets, lobs, the one in the middle (which is too hard to find, by the way, but that's nit-picking)... I thought lobs worked... in fact, they did in practice with South Carolina. But I got into a game with a lesser team and I couldn't catch a thing.

PLEASE help me before I start to dislike this game too much.
I can tell your right now its more than likely the strength of your passes. I had this same problem. Goto the Pass Skeleton and practice, practice, practice.

chef
Old 07-18-2005, 12:43 AM   #11
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Believe me, I know exactly what you are going through. But the way the game is designed this year, it's harder to have success with harder teams and I like that. You just really have to be aware of the defenses and such. With practice believe me, you'll start to find it easier. I played a game against Mid Tenessee with Alabama and ended up being like 5-26 because I couldn't figure out the passing. But once I started to focusing on making mismatches and checking down I started to have a lot more success, especially with som of the lower rated teams. I still struggle somewhat against tougher opponents but not as much as my 5-26 outing. You just have to keep playing. It is a game after all and the exploits are there, you just have to find them. Pretty soon it'll be second nature.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 12:44 AM   #12
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
WRs STILL DROP TOO MANY BALLS!! Why do I feel like I'm the only one having a problem with this?
You're not. I see anywhere from 5-15 drops per game. (total)
I have no issue with a drop on a deep pass or a drop in coverage; it's the drops to wide open receivers that happen way too often. I have CPU catch at 99% and they still drop around 8 a game.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 07-18-2005, 12:58 AM   #13
Rookie

Homeslice's Arena

Turn on easy pass on the easy play section, it'll tell you when your guys are open with either a red, yellow, or green. *shrugs* last resort I guess if some people are having problem passing.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:00 AM   #14
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice
Turn on easy pass on the easy play section, it'll tell you when your guys are open with either a red, yellow, or green. *shrugs* last resort I guess if some people are having problem passing.
I didn't know that was an option.

As bad as that sounds, I may go for it... if it helps me get realistic numbers in the passing game, I wont mind.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:30 AM   #15
Rookie

Homeslice's Arena

You can also switch on Easy Catch which seems to make my drops dissapear. No cheesy catches, but recievers catch the balls they should catch... makes me think that its made for guys who don't manual catch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 01:57 AM   #16
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I think that the madden engine of this generation has many serious limitations that simply won't allow it to do some of the things we want it to do. Perhaps there is only so much tweaking they can do at this point. I'm having a bit of a love hate relationship with the game. Some aspects get me really pumped and some aspects are really frustrating but all in all I think that many of us are such fans of football and the football video games that have come so far just in the past five years that we want to be playing this ideal in our head that maybe the developers aren't quite at yet. I know some make an ESPN argument, but both the ESPN and Madden engine have their shortcomings and I think we should just try and appreciate what we have now and be excited for the next generation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »