Home

Why wont my senior impact reciever catch anything? And other problems...

This is a discussion on Why wont my senior impact reciever catch anything? And other problems... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2005, 02:20 PM   #41
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Why wont my senior impact reciever catch anything? And other problems...

I have to go in there a practice some more. I had 12 drops by my receivers last game. I must be passing to hard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 02:21 PM   #42
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
The only route that still nags me is the post route over the middle. The CPU calls a ton of Cover 2 yet i can't seem to fit the pass in over the LB's head and in between the safeties. It's annoying because the route is WIDE open 3 outta 5 times i call it. Anyone have success throwing this route?
I would love to know the answer to this as well. I'm having a lot of trouble with this same scenario.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:28 PM   #43
Banned

chef423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
I have to go in there a practice some more. I had 12 drops by my receivers last game. I must be passing to hard.
You are passing to hard. I started to take something off of passes and volia! I am completing more and more each time. There are about 6 different level of strenght as far as I can tell, you just have to practice each level. What would seem like a lob 10 yards down field really isnt, it just enough (without really "tapping" the button) to get the ball over the LB's head.

chef
Old 07-18-2005, 02:31 PM   #44
Banned

chef423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
I would love to know the answer to this as well. I'm having a lot of trouble with this same scenario.
See above post. You have to read the D early, is that partof the field will be open, you have to throw it b4 its actually "open". Passes can be in the air for a good 2-3 seconds....remember that. Just becasue you are throwing it as hard as you can doesnt mean it will get picked, as a matter of fact, I throw less picks when I use the 6 or so different levels of passign strenght.

Set up that SAME sererio in the passing skeleton in practice mode and throw the ball earlier. Just remember to NOT move the stick in any direction when you let the button go or you will lead the reciever off his designed route. Once you get the feel for it down, then you can start to lead them around the field.

Hope this helps

chef
Old 07-18-2005, 02:51 PM   #45
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

The passing Skeleton not only helped my passing, but playing on the defensive side of the ball, it's helped my ability to swat passes, and get more int's.

Not to mention, it's a damn fun mini game to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 02:55 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef423
See above post. You have to read the D early, is that partof the field will be open, you have to throw it b4 its actually "open". Passes can be in the air for a good 2-3 seconds....remember that. Just becasue you are throwing it as hard as you can doesnt mean it will get picked, as a matter of fact, I throw less picks when I use the 6 or so different levels of passign strenght.

Set up that SAME sererio in the passing skeleton in practice mode and throw the ball earlier. Just remember to NOT move the stick in any direction when you let the button go or you will lead the reciever off his designed route. Once you get the feel for it down, then you can start to lead them around the field.

Hope this helps

chef
I am going to try this out tonight.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:34 PM   #47
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
You're not. I see anywhere from 5-15 drops per game. (total)
I have no issue with a drop on a deep pass or a drop in coverage; it's the drops to wide open receivers that happen way too often. I have CPU catch at 99% and they still drop around 8 a game.
Thank You Bill Abner. Finally an OS vet with some established credibility, can attest that they too are having problems with dropped balls. I am so tired of everyone calling us NOOBS (when really we aren't) and crap like that, because they are supposed "veterans" and "have no problems catching the ball". I like every other aspect of this game, and I feel that any of the other shotcomings can be fixed with sliders, but for many, DROPPED PASSESS IS A PROBLEM NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO. I have tried everything from maxing out my catch sliders to 99%, to deep meditation and prayer, and NONE of it has worked. I even USER CATCH the ball all of the time now, and that still doesn't work. I hate this problem and I wish that there was a solution, but, it seems like it is "hard coded" and that no amount of sliders will fix this. It sucks because it really does detract from the game experience, especially if you are using a team like Florida that has nothing but shotgun passing sets to choose from. I don't know what to do, hopefully there is still a solution out there, but, it is looking quite grim now. I'm just glad to see that an OS vet with some respect is seeing the same things that us poor, weak, and stupid NOOBS are! (Actually I'm NOT glad that you are seeing alot of DROPS but you know what I mean).
Old 07-18-2005, 04:07 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 14

Right now I have alot of drops but my hope is I will get better as I play and practice. To me this is the best NCAA as it adds so many variables to every situation. I had a reciever drop a probable game winning touchdown in the endzone on a short slant route, perfect pass, not to hard and led him nicely, but he still dropped it. On the next play I checked the matchup stick and the receiver was rattled, probably why he dropped the previous pass. We were on the road in the redzone and he did not have the composure to handle the situation. On the next play I mis-read the coverage and threw an INT. As frustrated as I was, to me that was real. This game forces you to use all the tools at your disposal to win, and you have alot of tools.

I'll admit I am having all the problems that people are complaining about, I am 1-4 in my Maryland dynasty, I beat Navy. But I realize that I am not doing everything I need to do to win. I am not practicing my passing game, I rarely audible or use hot routes, I dont check the matchup stick and I am not good at reading coverages. I think once I master this I may be good for an occasional upset of a team that's clearly better than me, which I like. I will not get bored of this game for a while because of its challenge and deep gameplay, I hope EA stays on this path.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »