Home

Jukes??

This is a discussion on Jukes?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2005, 09:00 PM   #1
Banned

Samantha's Arena

OVR: 8
Jukes??

I don't seem to be able to pull off the small juke. I use the R button on ps2 to juke, but they are always bigger jukes. I know on madden it's pressure sensitive and the lighter you use the button, the smaller shift he makes. Can anyone help me here, I have seen this done in videos, but I cannot or do not know how to do it. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2005, 10:08 PM   #2
Banned

Samantha's Arena

Re: Jukes??

Anyone?
Old 07-17-2005, 11:15 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

It just depends on the player and the situation. I don't think you get to pick the specific type of juke.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:22 PM   #4
Banned

Samantha's Arena

Really??? That is strange. Has it alwasy been that way? I guess I'm just not familiar with NCAA, as Madden is pressure sensitive to jukes. Well, I know I have seen the jukes I'm talking about on videos, but I must admit, there is no way to do that I have come across.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:27 AM   #5
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

I could have swore I pulled it off once when i barely tapped one of the trigger buttons, but have not been able to duplicate it. I'm a big fan of the smaller juke. It's more realistic and gives a better flow to the game.

Also, I've noticed I couldn't high step or taunt on a breakaway to the end zone when holding a button like triangle or L1. The computer did it once. Can anyone enlighten me on what's different with doing it?

Anyone find a goal-line leap over the pile either?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2005, 04:21 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
I could have swore I pulled it off once when i barely tapped one of the trigger buttons, but have not been able to duplicate it. I'm a big fan of the smaller juke. It's more realistic and gives a better flow to the game.

Also, I've noticed I couldn't high step or taunt on a breakaway to the end zone when holding a button like triangle or L1. The computer did it once. Can anyone enlighten me on what's different with doing it?

Anyone find a goal-line leap over the pile either?
On the ps2 hold down L2 (or is it R2, its whichever bottom trigger isnt lateral - make sure you use the correct one) and move the R stick in different directions for taunting while running

and the goal line leap is situation dependent I think, I've just flopped into the end zone (or into a defensemen on the goalline :/ ) many times, and I've done the 'over-the-top' leap a few times. I did both by just diving into the end zone so its not a special button or anything

as far as the small juke goes, im pretty sure its another situation-dependent move, ive just kinda nudged guys off by a quick sidestep and my rbs have tried the 'juke-their-undies-off' moves and im generally using the same panicked smash of the R stick when I do it : )
Old 07-18-2005, 08:49 AM   #7
MVP

toychri's Arena

You have to be running really fast to pull off the small juke. It makes sense of you think about it. If you are running full speed most likely you are not going to be able to stop dead in your tracks and juke 3 feet left. I'm not sure if the button pressure makes a difference? Just my observation.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:34 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

small jukes are only for the lower rated runners, qb's, kickers, linemen, ect... if you do get a small juke with a elite runner, it's because of the situation. i agree though, the small juke is more realistic. MADDEN does this very well...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »