Home

"I can't pass against the zone defense"

This is a discussion on "I can't pass against the zone defense" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2005, 10:44 AM   #1
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11
"I can't pass against the zone defense"

IMPORTANT: This post is intended for the use of this forum and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for some members, or readers.. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this post is not authorized (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this post, although the kelpie next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just ignore that alert Notice from Microsoft™. However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you have received this post in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites, whisk and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.

I've read so much in regards to this subject, but I really haven't experienced it yet. Fact of the matter is if you don't properly read coverages, it will be tough to execute a decent success rate.

Sure, I have made the same stupid throws into coverage that everyone else has, and have payed the price from time to time, but the one thing I will say about this years version of the game is this:

IMHO, more than any other version, you REALLY need to read coverages better than ever. This was very evident in Madden '05.

Zones always have a soft spot, you need to find it on your initial read. Just like man defense, you need to read what the safeties are doing, and then the LB's. Sometimes it allows for a WR to break free over the middle, sometimes it allows the back to come open in the flat, wash.rinse.repeat.

I'm not saying it's easy, but video football is taking steps forward to give you close to the same experience as if 22 of us were on a real football field.

I enjoy the challenge, it forces you (always have anyway) to mix up your playcalling, and NOT rely on the same 2-5 plays the whole game, as the CPU will target the pattern, and shut you down.

If you haven't had experience in real life in regards to reading defenses, than I can see how it might be difficult, all I can suggest is repetition, run a play over and over with random defenses, and watch the replay over and over again to see how the defense reacts.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »