Home

Where's the Challenges??? (Big Ten/ACC/Big 12)

This is a discussion on Where's the Challenges??? (Big Ten/ACC/Big 12) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2005, 03:26 AM   #1
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12
Question Where's the Challenges??? (Big Ten/ACC/Big 12)

Big Ten, ACC, and maybe even the Big 12 are supposed to challenge plays this year; why isn't it in the game? (EA Sports; it's in the game?)

Big Ten had challenges last year and it wasn't in the game so I was hoping that they'd at least have it this year. I know college challenges aren't the same as the NFL, but it would've been a nice touch to include them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 04:29 AM   #2
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Where's the Challenges??? (Big Ten/ACC/Big 12)

They just decided not to include it. Gotta wait for Next-Gen I guess.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:52 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXboxur
Big Ten, ACC, and maybe even the Big 12 are supposed to challenge plays this year; why isn't it in the game? (EA Sports; it's in the game?)

Big Ten had challenges last year and it wasn't in the game so I was hoping that they'd at least have it this year. I know college challenges aren't the same as the NFL, but it would've been a nice touch to include them.
Wouldn't you just rather have the CPU make the correct call each and every time? There's a point where realism crosses the line and this is one of them. EVen if they institute a replay system they will just screw it up like they did with Madden. The first time you challenge a play you'll be like Sweeeeet! But then when you realize it does absolutely nothing or you can't challenge what you really need to challenge you'll be like why they'd even put that in there when they could have fixed something meaningful like the stupid CPU completion percentage sim crap.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:46 PM   #4
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchwartz
Wouldn't you just rather have the CPU make the correct call each and every time? There's a point where realism crosses the line and this is one of them. EVen if they institute a replay system they will just screw it up like they did with Madden. The first time you challenge a play you'll be like Sweeeeet! But then when you realize it does absolutely nothing or you can't challenge what you really need to challenge you'll be like why they'd even put that in there when they could have fixed something meaningful like the stupid CPU completion percentage sim crap.
Ummm, I know what you're trying to say, and I understand wanting the CPU to make the correct call every time, but reviews ARE part of the game, and are something that wouldn't be that hard to program.

Also, you're comparison to the NFL challenge and it's flaws is irrelevant, because in college the only people that can challenge are up in a booth. Neither coaches or referee's determine what is reviewed.

And also, you mentioned NOT being able to challenge what you need to. Well, that's EXACTLY how college IS. So it'd be perfect...

Challenge rules... http://bigten.collegesports.com/spor...10-replay.html

Anyone else like to see this next year?
Old 07-20-2005, 08:01 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

What's the point really? With those college rules, the cpu ai would purposely make a bad call so that it (not you) can make the decision to challenge it. Once it is challenged, you'd probably be shown a couple replays of the play and then the call would or wouldn't be changed. But you'd just be sitting there watching! It might be cool the first couple of times, but afterwards... its probably something you'd turn off or skip through.

If those conferences ever made it like NFL rules where coaches make the call for the review... then I would like it to be part of the game. Otherwise, it would be pretty pointless in my opinion. The fact that it is a part of NFL strategy and requires user input is the only reason its even mildly interesting in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »