Home

I cant believe I am saying this...

This is a discussion on I cant believe I am saying this... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2005, 10:42 AM   #17
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: I cant believe I am saying this...

I'm glad I'm not seeing all of the problems the original poster is finding. I suck so the game will ALWAYS be challenging. When I adjusted the sliders, my RB had to struggle to break 100 yards, the secondary is all over my receivers, and I had to FORCE turnovers and fight off a second half surge by BC to hold on to beat them with FSU (RFTH mode)!! This is a pretty good GAME in my opinion.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:44 AM   #18
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I believe the original poster is just burned out on the series. As was the exact same last year with Madden and NCAA. With about 10 consecutive years of getting Madden and a few with NCAA, last year is when I could'nt take them anymore. I traded NCAA 05 within 3 days after purchase and I brought Madden and did'nt even play the game. But after a year break, NCAA and Madden are looking fun again. Some gripes have been fixed, the game is somewhat retooled and I'm enjoying it again. As much as I bashed Madden last year, I'm back and anticipating its release.(Mainly for the fact that its the only NFL game out this year) But its looking promising.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:47 AM   #19
Go Ravens

ravensfan52's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
EA is in a bind here. If they go totally sim, they lose most of their customers. If they go arcade, they lose a significant amount of their customers. They can't produce two separate games, because the cost would be enormous. It seems they are trying to find the perfect balance, and failing. I agree with your points, and I think the problem is you like to play defense. The game is made for an offensive minded player. The defensive side is not as developed. What you said about putting fans in the stands is quite true for the video game as well. The offensive nature of the game bring sin customers. I can hope that maybe in the future with the next gen units perhaps EA can change the difficulty levels to go from arcade to sim style and solve the problem.
If they had to go that way they would do sim. Thats why they have nfl street. for arcade
Old 07-20-2005, 10:48 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
EA is in a bind here. If they go totally sim, they lose most of their customers. If they go arcade, they lose a significant amount of their customers.
I disagree with this. College football is an uptempo game anyway. Scores are high in many games, but low in others. The casual gamer would still enjoy this game if it were a SIM, because the casual gamer could easily pick Florida St and play Central Florida, and cream them 60-7. But when they go into the swamp, expect a duel.

I also agree with everyone else that says there should be two different modes. Arcade and Sim. Didn't NBA Live have that option for years? It needs to be implemented into this game, because I agree with the original poster. I have been frustrated to no end playing this game and trying to find sliders that work. Adjusting sliders is like pulling teeth, but it's impossible for me to play the game on default.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:07 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxChamp
I disagree with this. College football is an uptempo game anyway. Scores are high in many games, but low in others. The casual gamer would still enjoy this game if it were a SIM, because the casual gamer could easily pick Florida St and play Central Florida, and cream them 60-7. But when they go into the swamp, expect a duel.

I also agree with everyone else that says there should be two different modes. Arcade and Sim. Didn't NBA Live have that option for years? It needs to be implemented into this game, because I agree with the original poster. I have been frustrated to no end playing this game and trying to find sliders that work. Adjusting sliders is like pulling teeth, but it's impossible for me to play the game on default.

I agree, i love this game, yeah the deep ball is flawed but as stated college is an uptempo game there are lots of 50 point blow outs and 40=49 shoot outs, and i have had plent styles of games, the CPU plays better than any football game ever though still a little weak but i still feel challenged. sorry to those dont feel the same way
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2005, 11:31 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoredGuy
I didn't know that there was a problem with completing passes over the middle...
Nor did I...

I played online last night for the first time since the first day I had the game. Playing 3 games with PSU I won 28-21 over VTech, 52-24 over Iowa, and 31-3 over Ohio St. Other than the VTech game I had zero bombs completed on me. That game was a little cheezy because the guy kept dropping back and scrambling to the sidelines waiting for his recievers to get deep, but other than that I thought the defense worked great...One thing I noticed was that on the game stats I blitzed an average of 4-5 times...my opponents all blitzed at least 20+ times. And we wonder why I was able to get deep on them.

I honestly think that it is too easy to complete bombs. However, if they make it harder to complete bombs then the guys who blitz the house have no reason to change their strategy. Let me tell you, running draws and playaction bombs out of the Ace set by keeping all but the 2 WR's in to block is a real quick way to get your opponent to stop blitzing. Is the game perfect? No, of course not. But it is vastly superior to last season's version and is fun to play both online and off.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:36 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
care to share with us how to get the cpu to stop my passing game?
I dont understand your question. I am using playmaker sliders in my UCONN dynasty and getting fun realistic results.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:44 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I believe the original poster is just burned out on the series. As was the exact same last year with Madden and NCAA. With about 10 consecutive years of getting Madden and a few with NCAA, last year is when I could'nt take them anymore. I traded NCAA 05 within 3 days after purchase and I brought Madden and did'nt even play the game. But after a year break, NCAA and Madden are looking fun again. Some gripes have been fixed, the game is somewhat retooled and I'm enjoying it again. As much as I bashed Madden last year, I'm back and anticipating its release.(Mainly for the fact that its the only NFL game out this year) But its looking promising.
You know what, I totally agree with this. 2 years ago I enjoyed NCAA, but when I picked up Madden for the 14th consecutive year I did it out of habit and couldn't stand the game anymore. I actually enjoyed Fever and 2k4 more than Madden that year. Last year I picked up both 2k5 and Madden, but I don't think I played more than 3-4 full games with Madden before taking it back. I only played NCAA for about 2 weeks last year as well.

This year I really like NCAA again (and I didn't think that would be the case after 2005's fiasco), and I also am getting excited for Madden because I'm enjoying NCAA so much. My intention was to keep playing 2k5 until the X360 showed up, but I no longer think that is going to be possible...Vision cone looks like it may have drawn me back into the fold.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »