Home

Hometowns?

This is a discussion on Hometowns? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2005, 02:07 AM   #1
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13
Hometowns?

Minor gripe but they should make hometowns accurate. And if they do not want to just scroll over to the right for their hometown on the roster they use to make the game, how about making it editable? Just another option for us roster modders to play with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2005, 02:38 AM   #2
Go Ravens

ravensfan52's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Hometowns?

definitly agree. its weird that they usually have the home state correct but they randomize which town hes from. if it wern't random it would make identifying players a lot easier
Old 07-20-2005, 03:00 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

It's a technicality used to keep the NCAA off their backs.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:08 AM   #4
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

I understand if they HAVE to be incorrect for that, but why not make it editable? I mean, you can edit in their names, why not hometown?

I was thinking it had something to do with the pipeline states for your school. As in if you decided to edit all of Texas' recruits hometowns to Oklahoma for sh!ts, it would jack up your "pipeline" from outlying states.

It would be nice to see that in next year's game.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:18 AM   #5
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFly
I understand if they HAVE to be incorrect for that, but why not make it editable? I mean, you can edit in their names, why not hometown?

I was thinking it had something to do with the pipeline states for your school. As in if you decided to edit all of Texas' recruits hometowns to Oklahoma for sh!ts, it would jack up your "pipeline" from outlying states.

It would be nice to see that in next year's game.
Yeah, good point about the "pipeline," but you really should be able to edit hometowns. It'd add more realism to this game. If anybody is going to abuse the hometown edit for recruiting, then they are lame anyway.

And why can't you use edited equipment and appearances online? As long as you don't touch the stats, everything should be kosher to use online. Players have gained and lost weight and changed their equipment from the last season.

Last edited by EXboxur; 07-20-2005 at 04:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2005, 08:03 AM   #6
Rookie

jeffreyw1's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFly
I totally agree. EA should make it this way so that you can actually enter any hometown's name in the game since they will not list the accurate names of the towns in which recruits come from. My town has won a few state championships and the hometown name is not even in the game.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:24 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

Some hometowns are just too small to mention. this is one feature that I would not touch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »