Home

Equipment not in the game...

This is a discussion on Equipment not in the game... within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-20-2005, 09:46 PM   #17
MVP

pennstlbu's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Equipment not in the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoredGuy
Isn't there a rule now that says that every player on a team has to wear the same type of socks?
Yes, every player on the same team must wear socks that are the same color, length, and logo.

I'd also like to see more revolution helmets. There are about 5 or 6 different facemasks for the helmets. I can think of two off the top of my head that are pretty commonly used by college players that aren't used in the game.

The visors can only be the dark, clear, or orange colors in NCAA football. They also can only be tinted so much, due to safety issues.

Last edited by pennstlbu; 07-20-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:58 PM   #18
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennstlbu
The visors can only be the dark, clear, or orange colors in NCAA football. They also can only be tinted so much, due to safety issues.
Really? I believe you, but where did you hear this? Sounds really lame though.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:28 AM   #19
MVP

pennstlbu's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXboxur
Really? I believe you, but where did you hear this? Sounds really lame though.
I played college football at the D3 level for 4 years. It was just something that we always heard from the coaches. One of our players had a smoke tinted visor and the coaches told him he couldnt wear it in the games. We've assumed or heard through the grapevine that the reason was due to if the player got hurt, then the medical staff would have trouble treating the player and determining the extent of the injury if the player happened to be unconscious.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:30 AM   #20
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennstlbu
I played college football at the D3 level for 4 years. It was just something that we always heard from the coaches. One of our players had a smoke tinted visor and the coaches told him he couldnt wear it in the games. We've assumed or heard through the grapevine that the reason was due to if the player got hurt, then the medical staff would have trouble treating the player and determining the extent of the injury if the player happened to be unconscious.
Gotchya! Thanks
Old 07-21-2005, 04:00 AM   #21
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

yep, like w/ the visors and the gloves, i am fairly certain that the socks have to be uniform or close to it as well i.e. a couple players cannot wear black socks when the rest of the team is wearing white socks.

i think they need to add rubberbands i.e. livestrong bands, forearm wristbands, bigger qb wrist bands (sho'nuff bl), shoulder harnesses, black ankle braces, some new facemasks, and better looking cleats-the cleats suck imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 04:23 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Following up on the visors.....I think it'd be cool if they put in the mirrored visor (although in a video game I'm sure that'd be VERY hard), or the "Miami" visor that Sean Taylor and Willis McGahee wore, sort of a mix between dark and orange.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »