Home

CPU Scouting?

This is a discussion on CPU Scouting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2005, 10:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU Scouting?

I have a question for y'all, and it concerns scouting from the computer. I am in year one of my dynasty and I am playing Texas A&M. I have what I call my bread and butter play, much like the Packer Sweep or Student body right. It is not a "Money" play but it is my basis play. My "base" offensive formation is the Single back 2 TE 2 WR set. I run the HB Slam about 10 to 15 times a game and I usually run for about a 6 yards a carry with this play. I have had a lot of success with it.

In my last game versus Texas I start out the game with the play running to the side of the formation away from their impact LBer. I am all ready to put a hurting on Texas and really grind it out on them, I love to run the ball and wear defenses out. But their weakside backer flys through the hole and stuffs C Lewis for a two yard loss against my best play. All game long they stuff this play, not all for losses but my avg per carry on this play is only about 3 yards. The cpu did a great job against my signature play and I was forced to do other runs.

I have never have never seen the CPU so well prepared for my team and specifically to shut down my strength. They really forced me to pass, with my freshman QB (McNeal was hurt week 7). Has anyone else experienced this type of scouting from the CPU?

One other thing the team speed of Texas' defense is incredible. Have fun everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2005, 10:20 AM   #2
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: CPU Scouting?

I am the Aggies to and yes I have. I went in to Lubbock to play Texas Tech granted they pass a lot, but I have the #2 rush defense in the nation and they passed every play except 1 and that was when they took a knee at the end of the game. But then on defense they sent a combination of DB's on blitzes to stop McNeal's scrambling.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:31 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm not so sure about the scouting...you may have run into their strength...literally.

However, I've noticed after halftime I've had a hard time doing the same things as I could in the first half. Often times I've had to mix in a good screen pass to loosen up the defense being so aggressive in my backfield.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:26 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBumpkin
I'm not so sure about the scouting...you may have run into their strength...literally.

However, I've noticed after halftime I've had a hard time doing the same things as I could in the first half. Often times I've had to mix in a good screen pass to loosen up the defense being so aggressive in my backfield.
You may be right that could be their strength. Texas's def speed as I said was incredible. It just really seemed as if I was scouted and they came in determined to stop my play. It was a great game. I forced V Young to throw, loaded up the line, and he was off. He busted off a couple of 25+ runs, but he only completed about 35% of his passes, he torched me for to long td's (more because of my defense not the bomb glitch) and I got 4 sacks. Selvin Young their RB had only about 15 yards rushing. I won 34 - 14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »