Home

Don't believe the hype

This is a discussion on Don't believe the hype within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2005, 02:18 AM   #33
Rookie

TooTall's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Don't believe the hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
If you don't like the game then fine you're entitled to your opinion. But quit whining about it already. It's a fabulous game and is enjoyed by many but there are always those few that have to come out and betch about absolutely nothing. It's like nothing will ever make you happy. You just keep repeating yourselves over and over again. "EA has failed me miserably" HOW THE F CAN YOU SAY THAT? I hate Grand Theft Auto San Andreas but that doesn't mean the game sucks as proven by it's millions of players. It's just not my cup of tea. So maybe a challenging football game isn't yours. Just save us from all the betching and whining please!!! It's a videogame and a damn fun and great one at that.
What?! You didn't like GTA:SA?! I'm not bashing you or anything, I'm just wondering why.

As for NCAA 06, I love this game. Playing on AA with modified sliders makes this game a beauty. I've never had problems with passing short, medium, or long. Dropped passes are in moderation and I don't have any problems with it.

I absolutely love this game. I might even put off purchasing Madden for a few weeks cause I'm just having a blast with NCAA 06. I might...
Old 07-26-2005, 01:51 PM   #34
MVP

ASB37's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
If you don't like the game then fine you're entitled to your opinion. But quit whining about it already. It's a fabulous game and is enjoyed by many but there are always those few that have to come out and betch about absolutely nothing. It's like nothing will ever make you happy. You just keep repeating yourselves over and over again. "EA has failed me miserably" HOW THE F CAN YOU SAY THAT? I hate Grand Theft Auto San Andreas but that doesn't mean the game sucks as proven by it's millions of players. It's just not my cup of tea. So maybe a challenging football game isn't yours. Just save us from all the betching and whining please!!! It's a videogame and a damn fun and great one at that.
Listen if you dont want to hear us bitch and moan then don't read the thread. Since you're having so much fun with your fabulous game go and play it instead of surfing an internet message board and cursing people off for voicing there frustation. Whatever you decide to do stop acting like an 8 year old child and please talk in a civilized manner. For christ's sake its a game and we're on the internet. I as well as many other people put down our hard earned money on this game and i am well within my right to feel as if EA has failed in providing me a decent game. If you think that i suck because i cant play this game fine thats your opinion but what did i ever do to you that gives you a right to say i suck. Do you know me? No. I just don't see why you had to come out and curse me off. I mean does it give you some sort of sick pleasure. Let me tell you your lucky that your on a message board because i sure hope you dont go around telling people they suck in real life, especially ones you don't know. Either way im done fighting with you i hope you have fun playing the game and i wish you well.

Last edited by ASB37; 07-26-2005 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:20 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon13 Re: Don't believe the hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB37
I agree i've been tweaking with these sliders since it came out and have finally come to a conclusion. This game sucks. Nothing was fixed from last year, in fact wr's were better last year at cathcing passes. This year the game is terrible I have played 2 games playing around with sliders. My QB threw 9 interceptions in one game and 7 in the other with the pass sliders maxed out, easy catch assist on, and interceptions and awareness turned to 0. Thing is is still won the game. Real realistic EA.
I have to agree with ASB37. I really think EA phoned it in on this one since it will be the last game for this generation of consoles. It reminds me of one of the final Madden games on Genesis - the one with the combine. That game literally almost made me vomit it was so bad. Truly, you would think EA would fix some of this stuff by now. The back of the box should read:

All New Animations!
Enhanced Mario Running! Is that Luigi or Reggie Bush?
Sand Crab Defensive Lineman - Move your D-Line left or right before the snap to emulate a crab!

All Hail Mary, All The Time - Long bombs are encouraged. In fact the more DBs you have around your receiver, the higher chance he has of catching it!

Rubber-band comebacks - Feeling sorry because you're beating up on the CPU in the first half? Don't be! We'll make them come back, even if we have to make you receiver drop wide open passes, or have your running back fumble with no one around him. Whatever it takes!

Exclusive Vacuum Catching - Receivers literally suck the ball into their hands away from DBs automatically.

No custom soundtracks! Using your own music in a game would be boring, so we've gone ahead and picked out music we think you would like!

With no competition for EA, the future doesn't look good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2005, 03:35 PM   #36
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGSU98
I have to agree with ASB37. I really think EA phoned it in on this one since it will be the last game for this generation of consoles. It reminds me of one of the final Madden games on Genesis - the one with the combine. That game literally almost made me vomit it was so bad. Truly, you would think EA would fix some of this stuff by now. The back of the box should read:

All New Animations!
Enhanced Mario Running! Is that Luigi or Reggie Bush?
Sand Crab Defensive Lineman - Move your D-Line left or right before the snap to emulate a crab!

All Hail Mary, All The Time - Long bombs are encouraged. In fact the more DBs you have around your receiver, the higher chance he has of catching it!

Rubber-band comebacks - Feeling sorry because you're beating up on the CPU in the first half? Don't be! We'll make them come back, even if we have to make you receiver drop wide open passes, or have your running back fumble with no one around him. Whatever it takes!

Exclusive Vacuum Catching - Receivers literally suck the ball into their hands away from DBs automatically.

No custom soundtracks! Using your own music in a game would be boring, so we've gone ahead and picked out music we think you would like!

With no competition for EA, the future doesn't look good.
I am no fan of EA, but come on.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:56 PM   #37
Rookie

Fluffhead's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm not going to say you suck, but 9 and 7 interceptions? I'm playing with Playmakers College Gameday sliders (AA, CPU tougher) and the most I've thrown is 3 in a game so far through 8 games (9 min qtrs). My QB Acc slider is down to 25% and I'm still throwing right around 60% with Ball St! I don't bomb either. I cannot fathom how you can throw that many interceptions on this game.

Quote:
Wow you are real mature, way to contribute to this topic. I am sorry but anyone that says that me or the mutiple other people who are having trouble passing suck is just plain ignoring the problem. Sure i could bomb the pass all game long and have a 60%+ completion percentage but thats not how real football is played. Sorry for trying to get a realistic game out of EA by playing football the way it is meant to be played meaning pounding the ball with a run and setting it up with a play action pass. It just gets annoying when a consumer has to work to get the game to play the way it should play. Hey if i had all day to sit around and tweak this game i would. But unfortunatly i have a job a life friends gf etc. Frankly i don't have time to "tweak the game" for me to work. I bought this game to have fun once in awhile and play a realistic college football game. In this regard EA has failed me misreably. Knowing i am not the only one just makes my complaints more valid. Call me what you want for expecting too much from a company but i never had so many problems with Sports games till the last few years. I guess im in the minority that expects a game to play well out of a box and not recquire additinal practice and or slider tweaking time to make it work for me.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:35 PM   #38
MVP

ASB37's Arena

OVR: 32

All i did was throw in the middle of the field. It was an experimental game and i find it nearly impossible to throw it in the middle. So i ran a whole game just throwing passes in the middle of the field and avoiding bombs down the sidelines. I've never thrown more than 3 or 4 in a regular game.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:55 PM   #39
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
All i did was throw in the middle of the field. It was an experimental game and i find it nearly impossible to throw it in the middle. So i ran a whole game just throwing passes in the middle of the field and avoiding bombs down the sidelines. I've never thrown more than 3 or 4 in a regular game.
here is an experiment for you... walk through a pack of wild dogs covered in raw meat and just keep walking back and forth. Guess what!? eventually you are going to get mauled... Are you gonna blame the dogs for the results of that experiment?

Point is do not throw in to the middle of the field every time. The ai in this game is relatively good and they will pick up on it. Run a screen and a couple of swing passes and then try the middle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »