Home

Anybody block a Field Goal, XP, or Punt yet?

This is a discussion on Anybody block a Field Goal, XP, or Punt yet? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2005, 11:45 PM   #1
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12
Icon5 Anybody block a Field Goal, XP, or Punt yet?

If so, PLEASE tell me how. Why is it that in football games you need to find a glitch to block kicks?

Can't somebody just break through the lines once in a while or get a big paw up and tip a kick at the line?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 11:58 PM   #2
Rookie

wishcoats's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Anybody block a Field Goal, XP, or Punt yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXboxur
If so, PLEASE tell me how. Why is it that in football games you need to find a glitch to block kicks?

Can't somebody just break through the lines once in a while or get a big paw up and tip a kick at the line?
If they made it random then people would say it happenes to often. They make it really hard and people say it never happens.... EA just can't win.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:44 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I had a guy run PAST the punter before he kicked the ball one game. *sigh* It was almost as if the game wasn't going to let it happen no matter what...not that I really cared at the time, since I was well ahead of my cupcake opponent at the time.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:49 AM   #4
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

OVR: 5

I wish it would happen more. Ive never blocked a FG that i can recall on any NCAA or Madden game. Back on NCAA 03 and NCAA 04 i used to block punts with regularity. But since then i rarely can do it. They seriously should try to make it more realistic. Have the OLine have a break down or something, or a missed block, etc.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:52 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 29

honestly, cant they program in that a punt gets blocked five percent of the time or so, a field goal gets blocked every five percent or so, and an XP gets blocked every three percent or so.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2005, 01:08 AM   #6
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishcoats
If they made it random then people would say it happenes to often. They make it really hard and people say it never happens.... EA just can't win.
"They make it really hard?" I think "really hard" is an understatement.

Bro, it NEVER happens! I couldn't do it in the last game OR Madden, even in practice mode after HOURS! And the ONLY way I could do it in ESPN, was when I used a glitch. For some reason, programmers neglect to address the fact that blocks are a crucial part of the game and deserve as much attention as other aspects.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:10 AM   #7
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Anybody block a Field Goal, XP, or Punt yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksfan7
I wish it would happen more. Ive never blocked a FG that i can recall on any NCAA or Madden game. Back on NCAA 03 and NCAA 04 i used to block punts with regularity. But since then i rarely can do it. They seriously should try to make it more realistic. Have the OLine have a break down or something, or a missed block, etc.
Word
Old 07-20-2005, 01:16 AM   #8
Treble Complete

billmatic's Arena

OVR: 21

i cant remember the last time i've blocked a punt or kick in a NCAA/Madden game. A few years ago, you could just move a linebacker a couple steps to the side, and come in untouched most of the time. I don't want that, too many blocks is far worse than too few. However, it would be nice to at least come close every once in a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »