Home

is it just me or...

This is a discussion on is it just me or... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2005, 11:45 PM   #1
Rookie

dmac's Arena

OVR: 3
is it just me or...

is race for the heisman too easy???
i did my first try as a RB, took an offer from Minnesota. on varsity mode, i won the heisman easily my freshman year! maybe it is the mode but...
i switched it to AA, tried my luck at WR drill and got offered to texas. after 3 games i am already in the top 5 heisman hype. maybe the mode is too easy bc you can pad your own stats so easily... i dunno. maybe i will try a more challenging position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2005, 11:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: is it just me or...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac
is race for the heisman too easy???
i did my first try as a RB, took an offer from Minnesota. on varsity mode, i won the heisman easily my freshman year! maybe it is the mode but...
i switched it to AA, tried my luck at WR drill and got offered to texas. after 3 games i am already in the top 5 heisman hype. maybe the mode is too easy bc you can pad your own stats so easily... i dunno. maybe i will try a more challenging position.
Ask Madden on every play, and follow through with the play. It can be easy if the player makes it cheesy. If not, it's more difficult. The full through way to do this is make a cornerback. Probably the hardest position to win RTFH from.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:59 PM   #3
Rookie

Just about any defensive position is a challenge. I'm currently using a MLB just finished year 1. I was 3rd in the Heisman Race after week 4, but I never got back in the hunt thanks to quick throws from the opposing QB and the plays happening on the opposite side of the field. I am planning to try QB or CB after I finish this one.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:01 AM   #4
Rookie

dmac's Arena

also is it just me or are all the drills to determine your offer ridiculously easy? the DL, LB, and CB ones are ridiculously easy to score perfect in, the RB one isnt too hard to get a good offer, and the WR one is very easy too. id say the only actually challenging one is the option one.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:06 AM   #5
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

I like the idea. Sure it is really easy, but you have to understand, you need to have at least a SHOT at Heisman. If you're a 69 overall or something, unless you play stellar on the field, what chance do you have of winning the Heisman at all?

I would like to see it improved upon greatly, however. More than just one easy drill. Different drills for different ratings. Have your physical size limit ratings (if you're over 300lbs., you're not going to be a 80+ speed). Things like that. Then, I think this would be an awesome departure from the recruiting and running a college team in Dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »