Home

Passing Strategies for 06

This is a discussion on Passing Strategies for 06 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2005, 10:47 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Passing Strategies for 06

Depending on the situation...as a lot depends on your personel, their personel, your recent playcalling and their defensive playcalling.

But I find when I can run the football...especially running on the weakside...it will force cpu to bring extra guys and protect it. I especially make use of running on the weak side on 3 WR sets. So when I do pass I can watch the linebackers when throwing over the middle (OLB will move over to cover slot leaving MLB as the only threat to watch). So when doing so...timing is crucial for hitting your wideouts in the pockets of the zone. If the pockets are too tight or the LB's are getting too deep in coverage I'll check down or flat out scramble willing to take little yardage and punt as opposed to being picked. Now YAC's are tough in zone's for sure...you almost always have to perform some type of juke to have a chance. But I always seem to be around 60% in completion percentage and I only match the cpu in bomb for bomb. LOL...I had a major bomb fest vs. LSU...both of our defensive backs coaches were fired after the game.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:39 PM   #10
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

Great stuff guys! Keep it coming. I'm finding it's also easier to pass with a scrambling QB when you fake like you're going to run, and then at the last second when the defense commits to the QB, you hit your receiver who is left wide open. It's not as easy as it sounds. I'm playing with A&M and have had as many sacks and inaccurate throws as I have had big plays. The folks at EA put in a good balance to that this year.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:01 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

quick slants work very well, especially if there 'backer is on your wideout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2005, 02:22 AM   #12
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

crossing routes are the way to go on heisman for intermediate and short passes. The CPU players will screen each other leaving your WR open for some YAC. Also WR screens work nicely.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:41 AM   #13
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
Also WR screens work nicely.
Yeah, I think screens are perfect this year. Not many huge plays, but you have to pick a good situation to use them.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:02 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

You know the game has got you good when you're fuming on how guys are getting to your QB waaay too fast and you're sitting there thinking of how to get em' good with a screen. It feels oh' so gratifying when it actually works for big gains and those 'Big Uglies' aren't coming so hard any longer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »