Home

More Success Passing Than Running...!!

This is a discussion on More Success Passing Than Running...!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2005, 09:00 AM   #9
Rookie

BroncoFan24's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: More Success Passing Than Running...!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Well, his passing attributes may be a little too high, but him being the second fastest QB is defenitely not an abberation. He really is fast, and quite talented. It's just that he's had some off the field problems and that's contributed to him not being able to show you all just how good he is. Had he been a good little boy and stayed in focus, him being an 87 overall in this game would have made him underrated. I think EA did a good job in giving him the rating. He is good, he just has to show it. He can't do that in the game if he was rated a lot lower. You rate based on the talent, it does not include off the field mishaps.

Anyway, I have a lot more success running than I do passing. Using jistic's AA sliders I manage to get two rb's over 100 yds a game. Once I even got my third stringer over 100 plus the other two. My passing game is slowly but surely catching up though.
Vick has yet to even prove himself yet. And yet EA jacked him up on this game, i think there are several qbs faster than him in real life yet, he's the 2nd fastest one on this game. I completely agree with badgun here
Old 07-24-2005, 09:04 AM   #10
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Well, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. I like EA's. Their are recruits coming into each season in my dynasty with ratings like 85, yet they haven't proven themselves either. There are freshman in this game on the default rosters that are highly rated that haven't "proven" themselves, yet no one seems to complain. An 87 rating for a senior is not "jacked up", especially for someone who is as talented as Marcus Vick.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Last edited by trobinson97; 07-24-2005 at 09:08 AM.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:14 AM   #11
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Well, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. I like EA's. Their are recruits coming into each season in my dynasty with ratings like 85, yet they haven't proven themselves either. There are freshman in this game on the default rosters that are highly rated that haven't "proven" themselves, yet no one seems to complain. An 87 rating for a senior is not "jacked up", especially for someone who is as talented as Marcus Vick.
Talented? How? What has he ever done besides be Mike Vick's brother? If you guys actually think this is the second coming of Michael Vick, then I hate to disapoint you. The guy doesn't have a fraction of the field vision that his brother had nor does he have the arm. What's worse is EA jacked him up based on 2 years ago and he was absolutely awful then. At least let the guy do something before making him one of the top qbs in the game.

Just like 2 years ago when Bryan Randall was obviously the better qb, everybody wanted to see Vick. So when Randall would throw 3 incompletions in a row, Beamer would put this clown in. Vick would always get in, get sacked or throw a pick before Beamer would put Randall back in. Randall was clearly the better qb, but he had to always look over his shoulder not because his backup was a better qb, but because his last name was Vick.

Last edited by Badgun; 07-24-2005 at 09:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2005, 09:31 AM   #12

trobinson97's Arena

Well, you obviously have your mind set against Vick, for whatever reason, and I can't fault you for it. But I've seen the guy play, in high school and when he was splitting time with Randall. He looks good to me, I've never seen any QB who was highly touted not get sacked or throw a pick. I am still gonna go with the EA, the coaches, the writers, the analysts, and my own vision and say yeah, the guy is hella talented. Oh yeah, no way does being an 87 make you one of the top QB's in this game. You exxagerating a bit there. There are a lot of QB's rated higher than that. He's more in the lower rung of top Qbs if you ask me and that's exactly where I think he should be.

Plus, like I said, there are a lot of freshman on the default roster in this game that are rated highly yet, no one complains about it. Why is that? It seems to me that Vick is just being hated on, and I can only chalk that up to his off the field problems. As for him being the second coming of Michael Vick, wll, we'll see this year and next year when he gets drafted #1 overall.

Half joking about the draft.

SteamID - Depotboy

What a run
Roll Tide

Last edited by trobinson97; 07-24-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:25 PM   #13
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

This is getting way off topic. This isn't about "real" college football, it's about NCAA Football. Keep it on topic please.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:02 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm playing as Michigan, I'm 6-1 playing on AA, in year 1 of my dynasty. My only loss was to ND, and that is because I couldn't run against them. For the most part, my passing offense has been horrendous...but thank God for Mike Hart. He's insanely quick, and breaks a lot of tackles for such a small back. He's averaging over 200 ypg. On the other hand, it's frustrating because I have a solid quarterback in Henne, and some solid WR and TE's, but I can't seem to pass. Is there a trick to it? I have less than a 50% completion ratio, and only 5 TD's to 10 INT's (Hart has 20 TD's on the ground). I mean, Henne is rated an 89 at this point in the season (he's progressed some in his rating points), but he can't pass for sh!t.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:50 AM   #15

trobinson97's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhound79
I'm playing as Michigan, I'm 6-1 playing on AA, in year 1 of my dynasty. My only loss was to ND, and that is because I couldn't run against them. For the most part, my passing offense has been horrendous...but thank God for Mike Hart. He's insanely quick, and breaks a lot of tackles for such a small back. He's averaging over 200 ypg. On the other hand, it's frustrating because I have a solid quarterback in Henne, and some solid WR and TE's, but I can't seem to pass. Is there a trick to it? I have less than a 50% completion ratio, and only 5 TD's to 10 INT's (Hart has 20 TD's on the ground). I mean, Henne is rated an 89 at this point in the season (he's progressed some in his rating points), but he can't pass for sh!t.

I've started to have success with the pass, but only by throuwing out routes and going over the top. Going over the middle is damn near impossible. You really have to check down your receivers as well, becuse once a receiver has started catching some balls, the defense will lock him up.

SteamID - Depotboy

What a run
Roll Tide

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2005, 08:12 AM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhound79
... it's frustrating because I have a solid quarterback in Henne, and some solid WR and TE's, but I can't seem to pass. Is there a trick to it? I have less than a 50% completion ratio, and only 5 TD's to 10 INT's (Hart has 20 TD's on the ground).
I've had a hard time re-adjusting to the passing game after some time away from football but I've been practicing a lot and I think you really have to learn your plays. I'm not good enough to pick a random team and playbook and use that to pass effectively (without going deep).

You can't panic in the pocket. You should try to take a quick look if LBs are blitzing but you have to have faith in your protection and be willing to hold the ball a little longer even if it means getting sacks. Keep your eyes downfield.

Some plays just don't work well imo but the first step is to watch the safeties. If they leave the outsides open you can get a deep ball down the sidelines. If they leave the middle open look for a post or seam pattern (but gun, not lob). If the LBs cheat to take it a away, dump to a RB. Being able to find out if its man or zone is important also. If you have 2 WRs to one side and the slot runs an out and the outside WR running a post, its important to watch the outside CB to see if its a zone. If he releases the WR to the safety, you should hit the post otherwise hit the out. The out is a mistake against a zone.

Bottom line is you have to have a gameplan for every pass play that includes two options. If #1 is covered, look to #2. If he's covered I'm usually sacked or I throw a pick lol. If you are just forcing it to the primary receiver, you will struggle. I have had success running plays in practice against various defensive looks although games can get me rattled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »