Home

Little Help

This is a discussion on Little Help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2005, 08:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Little Help

Was hoping someone could help me out here. I started a Dynasty, and created a team.....the infamous Colorado Springs Huskies. After completion I put them in the Mountain West Conference, and replaced T.C.U. When I started the season, my first game was an open date so I scheduled a game against F.I.U. (Which I ended up losing 38-35) In the game, there was no sound from the booth, just on the field. When I played my next game against Oklahoma (Which I was soundly spanked and taken behind the Woodshed 46-21) everything was perfect, pregame predictions and sound from the booth. My next game against S.M.U. back to no sound. I checked my settings in the Audio and everything was the same. The only sound playing was the ref and the PA announcer. I know Corso and Herby get a little redundant at times, but I can not go thru another game with some 87 year old PA announcer. Currently using Jistics AA sliders, and my audio sliders are all set to normal......anyone know how I can get the gameday crew back in the Audio. Thanks in advance for the response
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2005, 08:26 AM   #2
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Little Help

If I'm not mistaken, some of the games involving the smaller schools receive a much smaller broadcast and thus are not given the in game commentary. These are the type of games that would not be televised. I know what I'm trying to say but don't know how to put it to paper. Miami vs. Florida State for instance, you would never see this but some school that has 800 kids vs. a similar size school you might. Clear as mud?
Old 07-26-2005, 08:33 AM   #3
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson
If I'm not mistaken, some of the games involving the smaller schools receive a much smaller broadcast and thus are not given the in game commentary. These are the type of games that would not be televised. I know what I'm trying to say but don't know how to put it to paper. Miami vs. Florida State for instance, you would never see this but some school that has 800 kids vs. a similar size school you might. Clear as mud?
You are correct. Corso and the guys don't have time to cover the "Polk High's" of the world...

Last edited by RGmoney; 07-26-2005 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:34 AM   #4
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Sometimes The Smaller Schools Games don't get the televised status, so the Introductions and booth sound is left out. It doesn't even have to be smaller schools really, sometimes just lackluster (in the eyes of the networks) games. I played Indiana vs. some small school (don't remember name) and it was just like you were talking about.

Twitch Stream
Old 07-26-2005, 11:09 AM   #5
Rookie

Thanks for the responses. I will say out of all the forums I have been to, this is by far the most receptive, everytime I fire off a question an answer or 2 comes back A.S.A.P. Easily more friendly than the 2K5 and EA Forums......anyways:

My question then would be, is my created school considered a small school that does not warrant the gameday crew? Because when I played Oklahoma obviously this was broadcast, but then when I played SMU.....nada (SMU is not THAT small a school IMO) So I guess I am going to sim a few games and see if there broadcast.......BYU, CSU, UNM etc. That sorta blows they do not broadcast each game, especially since each team is essentially fictitious(names) I found out a game w/ 8 minute quarters gets very boring with just the PA talking.

I also figured out I better get some of these Blue Chip recruits because obviously the Colorado Springs Huskies are NOT big time yet!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2005, 11:28 AM   #6
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxrox
Thanks for the responses. I will say out of all the forums I have been to, this is by far the most receptive, everytime I fire off a question an answer or 2 comes back A.S.A.P. Easily more friendly than the 2K5 and EA Forums......anyways:

My question then would be, is my created school considered a small school that does not warrant the gameday crew? Because when I played Oklahoma obviously this was broadcast, but then when I played SMU.....nada (SMU is not THAT small a school IMO) So I guess I am going to sim a few games and see if there broadcast.......BYU, CSU, UNM etc. That sorta blows they do not broadcast each game, especially since each team is essentially fictitious(names) I found out a game w/ 8 minute quarters gets very boring with just the PA talking.

I also figured out I better get some of these Blue Chip recruits because obviously the Colorado Springs Huskies are NOT big time yet!!

You can tell if the game will be televised. In the weekly list it will have a star or regional broadcast symbol.

This is just in for the effect, to make the game feel more real. Once you start getting bigger, you will get more televised games. SMU isn't a big enough school. Oklahoma is, and all their games will be televised.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:52 AM   #7
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

OVR: 3

Not all of CSU's games are televised. Most of the mountain west games that CSU plays are but some of my nonconference cupcake schools are not. What prestige school did you make. I created a 1 star academic school along with my roommates in the MAC and I think the only game that will be televised was the one against michigan(I hope none of my inseason recruits were watching).
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Old 07-26-2005, 03:21 PM   #8
Rookie

The televised thing I guess will not really matter because I am awful at this game!!! I won't go into the details because I left a pretty lengthy post a short while ago detailing how BAD i am at this game. After dominating in most sports games, especially ESPN 2K5, I am just awful. I just finished a game against freaking SMU and lost(34-28) I am now 0-3, and to add insult to injury(it is actually pretty funny) all my recruits are starting to shy away from the program, I am literally losing ALL my recruits in 2 weeks!!!!! The comments some of these guys made were pretty Hilarious: "was not impressed w/ defense" " did not meet coaches, sat in the stands" " had an O.K. visit, but looking elsewhere" All my recruits are telling me my program blows. It is like a domino effect, my team sucks in the ratings, which makes it harder to play against the better teams, which means I am losing more, which keeps all the recruits away. It looks like it is going to take a few years to get the Colorado Springs Huskies on the map. Think my Coaching staff is going to hit the road in search of some Prop 48ers or some Jucos

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »