Home

So what team ruined ya run for the national championship?

This is a discussion on So what team ruined ya run for the national championship? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2005, 02:27 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
So what team ruined ya run for the national championship?

MInes was the OSU cowboys. Really my fault threw 3 turnovers and of course ran an option play for about 15 yards in ot and fumbled damn you McNeal. Well fumbled in ot you know the rest of the story. I was ranked 9th when that happened. I'm hoping i can get back into the bcs bowl games at least if i can get a win at OU who are ranked #2 are undeafeated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2005, 03:32 AM   #2
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: So what team ruined ya run for the national championship?

Florida in year 1.

North Texas almost did it in year 3. Jamario Thomas went nuts on me. 346 yards on the ground. I prevailed(at UNT) 30-27.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 07-27-2005, 03:49 AM   #3
All Star

bravosfan's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm Texas A&M in my RFTH...

We were 7-0 and ranked 5th. I went into the game against Iowa State (3-4) expecting an easy win. Whoops.

Not only did I lose, I got embarrassed. 44-20. It wasn't even really that close, I scored a couple late TD's.

Reggie McNeal, the Heisman favorite, was 13-34 for 182 yards. 0 TD, 5 INT, 3 Sacks.

I actually outgained them by almost 200 yards, but I kept turning the ball over. Then when they had the ball, I just couldn't stop them on 3rd down. Really frustrating.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:33 AM   #4
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Tenessee Vols ruined it for my Crimson Tide in year 2. That was my only greatest game nod as well, lost 34-31.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-27-2005, 09:16 AM   #5
Rookie

Hellrot's Arena

OVR: 2

Playing as Oklahoma in RFTH...

Texas almost ruined it during the regular season, due to the drubbing they handed me in Dallas, but I still made the Rose Bowl against USC.

They pretty much made my Boomer Sooners their b****es for the entire game. Final score 66-42 or something like that. USC's safety came from across the field to pick off two balls and return them for TD's. I trailed the entire game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2005, 09:41 AM   #6
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

As Penn St, let's see

Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio St and Michigan St.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:06 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Year 2, for some reason, Southern Miss has Florida the first game of the year. I pretty much need to go undefeated to have a chance at the National Title. I played this game twice and decided that I can't hang with Leak and Co. Both games went the same way. I was within a touchdown late in the 3rd quarter until I made a critical mistake that results in a turnover. Both times I played this game, Florida ended up beating me by 20. That's okay. I took my medicine like a man and moved on. I'm going to have to just win out. I scheduled Notre Dame and Boise State as two of my other non-conference games. Hopefully, I can win those.

I am committed to the 5-year extention I signed after year 1. This is the first time that I will committ to my alma mater for more than 2 years so if I don't win it all just yet, like I normally do, i'm perfectly fine with that. This is probably the first time in years that the talent is just not there. It's been fun recruiting because it's just so critical that I get good players. This is the first time that i'm actually recruiting 3* and 2* guys in the first week. I need bodies at this point. I'm rebuilding and it sucks! My goal is to get us to 5-star prestige and to get my stadium in the 25 toughest to play, or how ever many it is.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)

Last edited by SoMiss2000; 07-27-2005 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:11 AM   #8
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

I lost to Colorado, in Austin, 35-17. Too many turnovers by both Young boys killed me.

and their FB Vickers just went off on me. I couldnt freakin stop him. He had 210 yards rushing and 3 Tds. Is that guy supposed to be so good? and ive never seen the CPU use the FB so much. He had over 25 carries.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »