Home

How Do You Turn Off Impact Player Mode???

This is a discussion on How Do You Turn Off Impact Player Mode??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2005, 02:55 PM   #9
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How Do You Turn Off Impact Player Mode???

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
My problem with the impact player is that they never get tired. I use FSU and I cannot get any RB rotation at all.
u have to lower your rb ability for the back to become fatigued, but it also slows down their speed. I have mine set at 25, after 5 or 6 carries in a row he gets tired, try 30 if 25 is to low.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:52 PM   #10
Rookie

TomHolmoe's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofm1508
Yea I bet you every team that plays Ohio State wants to turn of Ted Ginn Jr too.... But they can't. People always complain they want realism now it is here and they complain about.

In College football one player often takes over a game... Braylon Edwards Vs. Msu for example

The impact player feature is awesome and very realistic
It's not a matter of "turning off Ted Ginn" as you say. His ratings in the game already make him a superstar, whether or not this game had the Impact Player feature. There's nothing preventing you from taking over a game without this feature.

It seems like overkill to take the best players in the game and make them even better for no reason other than they're the three best players on a particular team, or to take three mediocre players on a team with poor talent and make them really good players because the rest of their teammates stink. This is just another half-baked feature if you ask me.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:39 PM   #11
Rookie

OmarJacobs's Arena

In my opinion, I believe they should only give the impact player status to the elite playmakers in the league. I agree that three players per team is overkill. And, why are punters impact players? (see Maryland)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2005, 05:06 PM   #12
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarJacobs
In my opinion, I believe they should only give the impact player status to the elite playmakers in the league. I agree that three players per team is overkill. And, why are punters impact players? (see Maryland)
That's an easy one. The field position game. A good punter can set up a great D to dominate or push back a good 0.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:14 PM   #13
Rookie

I have no problems with the Reggie Bushes and Vince Youngs of the world getting unstoppable when they're "In the Zone" because quite frankly, in real life teams do have trouble stopping them.

But when I get deeper into my dynasty, and a running back from one of the bottom feeder MAC schools, rated something like an 80, becomes superhuman and breaks 3-4 tackles every run, it's ridiculous. The top 2-3 players on each team aren't automatically superstars who can dominate a game on a whim. That's what bugs me most about this feature...they should have made it that you had to be rated at least a 88 or so to be an impact player. Just being one of the highest rated players on your team, no matter how crappy your team is, doesn't make you a superstar.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:11 PM   #14
Rookie

OmarJacobs's Arena

Icon9 Re: How Do You Turn Off Impact Player Mode???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
That's an easy one. The field position game. A good punter can set up a great D to dominate or push back a good 0.

Hmm... well any punter in this game can still boot it 50+ yards any given punt. Any longer than that is just more space for the return man to return it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »