Home

In-Season Recruiting and Discipline question...?

This is a discussion on In-Season Recruiting and Discipline question...? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2005, 11:14 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
In-Season Recruiting and Discipline question...?

Ok, i finally started my dynasty...i have a few questions about these new features (I didnt buy NCAA 05, so the discipline feature is new to me also)....

I notice there is no PDA, Email inbox, or anything of the sort as there was in March Madness 2005...my question is that how would you know when to discipline somebody? I noticed if I go into Rosters, there is an option there to view program standard...do i just have to check there every single week?

So there are no popup messages or anything to let you know one of your players skipped class or something....i just have to be sure to check on my own? If that is the case, it will definitely be something that i have to get used to. i kinda wish there was some kind of automatic notice letting you know which players are misbehaving.

Also with In-season Recruiting....im only thru 3 weeks of my 1st season, but is in-season recruiting nothing but distrubuting points to each player...decreasing points from one player in order to increase points for another player depending on how their interest level fluctuates? Those are the only options i see. I thought i could select different pitches, invite them to games, etc...? I thought it would be similar to how the off season recruiting is or how in season recruiting is in MM or ESPN CH.

Final question...i noticed that by default CPU assistance is ON for both In season recruiting and discipline (in the coaching options)....is it better if i leave them on as they have it on default or turn them off?

Last edited by Bbucsfan; 07-28-2005 at 11:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2005, 11:26 AM   #2
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: In-Season Recruiting and Discipline question...?

You are correct with the program standards, I check them every week, takes a little bit to get used to it.

In season recruiting you just change percentages according to who you want and interested they are. You give the pitch and invite them to games once they have narrowed you down to one of there top 3 schools.

I like to turn recruiting assistance off, otherwise If I have a few points left they will try to recruit like 1 and 2 star players.
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Old 07-28-2005, 11:26 AM   #3
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Discipline issues will pop up as they appear. I think it pops up when you go to play that weeks game. It tells you the violation and gives you punishment options.

During In season recruiting, you can't schedule visits or make pitches until the recruit narrows his list to 3 teams, as long as you are one of his top 3.

I think with recruiting assistance on, the CPU will spend any points you don't use as it sees fit. I usually turn this off. Discipline assistance will suggest a punishment for you. I usually leave this on. However, it is important to note that the suggested punishment is not always best. I did a season with Penn St and used the suggested punishment the entire year but still lost 10 scholarships at the end of the year.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:43 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Discipline issues will pop up as they appear. I think it pops up when you go to play that weeks game. It tells you the violation and gives you punishment options.

During In season recruiting, you can't schedule visits or make pitches until the recruit narrows his list to 3 teams, as long as you are one of his top 3.

I think with recruiting assistance on, the CPU will spend any points you don't use as it sees fit. I usually turn this off. Discipline assistance will suggest a punishment for you. I usually leave this on. However, it is important to note that the suggested punishment is not always best. I did a season with Penn St and used the suggested punishment the entire year but still lost 10 scholarships at the end of the year.
So Discipline issues do pop up? Thats good to hear. I was just checking the program stardard every week just to be sure....But if they pop up, thats good to know.

Also, with the recruiting points.....how do you know how many points to use on a particular player. I have targeted a MLB that i think has real potential to be great..i spent 20 points on him and 15 pts on a TE i really want. With the other 10 scholorships i offered (i think i started with 12) i had two guys i used 8 pts on and the rest had like 5, 6, 2 pts etc.... Is this the way to go about it? Am i spending too many points on that MLB? His interest lvl went up the 1st week and is leveled out <--> now. I've had one guy drop us from his list....Can i not offer that scholarship to someone else? Since i've used all my Scholarship offers, will i be able to recruit in the off season?

Thanks for your help
Old 07-28-2005, 11:54 AM   #5
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbucsfan
Also, with the recruiting points.....how do you know how many points to use on a particular player. I have targeted a MLB that i think has real potential to be great..i spent 20 points on him and 15 pts on a TE i really want. With the other 10 scholorships i offered (i think i started with 12) i had two guys i used 8 pts on and the rest had like 5, 6, 2 pts etc.... Is this the way to go about it? Am i spending too many points on that MLB? His interest lvl went up the 1st week and is leveled out <--> now. I've had one guy drop us from his list....Can i not offer that scholarship to someone else? Since i've used all my Scholarship offers, will i be able to recruit in the off season?
12 is the max # of scholarships you can offer. You should always target 12 players, but the original 12 is all you can offer during in-season. You will be able to recruit normally and offer more scholarships in the offseason. My strategy is outlined below:

Week 1: ~15% to 5* players and ~6,7% to 4* players

In the following weeks, I usually eliminate players who aren't very interested in my program. If after the first week, a player has me ranked 7th or 8th on their list, I'll drop them since they won't make the cut when the player trims their list to 5 teams. After that, I'll stop pursueing guys who won't make the cut when the players trim it to 3 teams.

Basically I'm trying to get 4-6 players out of the 12 signed. I would spend points on the players you want. If there's 2 or 3 excellent players who are somewhat interested in you, go all out for them. In my current dynasty there's only one 5* on my list, so he is my main target but I'm trying to get another 4-5 4* players since none of them really stand out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2005, 12:38 PM   #6
Pro

Thanks for your help....this helps out alot!
Old 07-28-2005, 12:54 PM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

My starting OLB on Michigan got in trouble before my first game. I suspended him 2 games for not going to class. He then gets listed as "injured" on the game report. It was pretty cool. You get to choose the level of discipline but risk running into trouble with the NCAA if you are too lenient.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:03 PM   #8
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

To keep me from having to deal with discipline too much, I like to recruit only players with at least average discipline. Sure, I lose out on some good recruits, but I spend more of my budget on training and recruiting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »