Home

transfers

This is a discussion on transfers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2005, 02:19 PM   #1
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
transfers

how often do you get a transfer? and are they at random positions, or positions of need?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2005, 02:23 PM   #2
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. carraba
how often do you get a transfer? and are they at random positions, or positions of need?
Random..I get an offer atleast once a year. I guess it depends on how well you do in the season.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 11
Icon7 Re: transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
Random..I get an offer atleast once a year. I guess it depends on how well you do in the season.
I've played with good teams and bad teams. I usually don't get to many with good teams but with bad teams I can get 2 or 3 a year. They are usually players who are decent but wouldn't get much or any playing time at their current school. I also don't accept their transfer unless I can redshirt them during their transfer year as I do get a lot of transfer requests from players who have already been redshirted. Hope this helps.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:04 PM   #4
*ns*rt W*tty T*tl* H*r*

Hellfish76's Arena

OVR: 13

I've yet to see any transfers to my schools.... Is there anyway to encourage transfers to your school?
You know, evil comes in many forms, be it a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin. But you can't let the package hide the pudding. Evil is just plain bad! You don't cotton to it! You gotta smack it on the nose with the rolled up newspaper of goodness! Bad dog! Bad dog! -The Tick

Play Ultimate!
Old 07-28-2005, 03:40 PM   #5
Rookie

chuck4171's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfish76
I've yet to see any transfers to my schools.... Is there anyway to encourage transfers to your school?
Play bad. Usually, when i've taken over a bad/struggling team is when i've gotten the most transfers. From what i've experainced, the player relative to the program is pretty good, but they have to sit their first year after the transfer. So as texans said, if they haven't been red-shirted, or if they have, Frosh or Soph, special case for Juniors (not enough time to get them into the mix and playing without that red-shirt year still available)...i'll accept.

As far as position...not too sure. Seems like my most recent instance, I had about 4 RB, and got an 80 Soph (RS) transfer for SMU from Texas, which was about 3 points higher than my top guy. By the off season training, my SO(RS) had passed him up, so kinda pointless, but again, that's jsut on less scholorship you've gotta strugle to get placed...agian, were talking about pretty bad teams to recieve transfers, so recruiting budgets are pretty bad as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2005, 04:27 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 7

In my experience, it all has to do with the returning players on your roster and their ratings. When I take over bad teams that have weak rosters, I get players wanting to transfer to my team left and right. As soon as I build that team's roster up pretty good, no more transfers.

It's because it's usually pretty good players who don't think they will get the PT where they are, so they figure they can go to a school where they'd be a lot higher on the depth chart. This is cool, because it's pretty much the biggest reason players transfer in real life.

They should still give you the occasional transfer request when you're a powerhouse, though. It does happen once in a while, like Brock Berlin going from Florida to Miami.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:49 PM   #7
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

OVR: 3

Pretty much what YCBS said here. I play as Colorado State and unfortunately they are not very talented at LB and DB. So for the first couple seasons I seem to get transfers for those postitions. So they seem to only come to positions that you have no talent or depth in. A mediocre year also seems to help out.
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »