Home

wow, what a game...

This is a discussion on wow, what a game... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2005, 10:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
wow, what a game...

I don't know if anyone really cares or not but I just had to share this. I play through my first full dynasty season ever (used to sim at least 5 games but it is really easy for me to play a whole year ofter playing MVP. :-)) anyway, I went 10-1 with Penn State using playmakers hardest sliders. (forget what they are called)my only loss being to Ohio State. Anyway I make it to the Rose Bowl against NC State...

I was down 16-0 at the end of the first quarter, and it stayed that way untill the third quarter where I finally got my running game going. It was overall 8th in the league but during that game in the first half I had -3 yards rushing. Anyway I score on my first drive, then they throw a pick and I return it for a TD, i'm right back in the game. about 3/4 through the 4th quarter I was up 27-23 and then with a minute and a half left they get a TD because of a bad playcall by me. Anyway I get the ball, drive to the end zone only to throw a pick. I had 2 timeouts left...

They go 3 and out, and I get a good return on the punt. I am at their 40 yard line with 12 seconds left, I (very dumb) throw a short pass for 6 yards and go into hurry up, I don't have time to Audible, so I send my end reciever on a fly route and snap the ball with 3 seconds left, he was double covered but my other reciever got tangled up with the CB so it was 1on1 with the SS and I threw it right as I got hit, it was caught for a td and I won the game. It was the greatest accomplishment and feeling in my sports games career. lol.

Anyway sorry if it was boring but I was so excited. BTW it was the #1 greatest game of all time with a score of 1346 is what I think it was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2005, 10:53 PM   #2
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: wow, what a game...

I just had the 2 best games of NCAA Ive ever had. The last 2 games od the season were great, with Playmakers Heisman sliders. I lost to NEB using Colorado, so it was a rivalry game, but I lost by 3 points. Then I make it to the Cotton Bowl agaisnt Auburn, and lose to them with a last second TD by their running back who ripped me for nearly 200 yards that game. All that after a good first half of the season. I did lose my starting QB half way through the season, but brought in my Redshirted Freshman who is a really good scrambler, but he got hurt in the Cotton bowl after I was up 21-7 going into half. Needless to say AU came back and won it. It was still good to feel the CPU actually playing well and making it a challenge. On to recruiting....
Old 07-28-2005, 10:55 PM   #3
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: wow, what a game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psu927
I don't know if anyone really cares or not but I just had to share this. I play through my first full dynasty season ever (used to sim at least 5 games but it is really easy for me to play a whole year ofter playing MVP. :-)) anyway, I went 10-1 with Penn State using playmakers hardest sliders. (forget what they are called)my only loss being to Ohio State. Anyway I make it to the Rose Bowl against NC State...

I was down 16-0 at the end of the first quarter, and it stayed that way untill the third quarter where I finally got my running game going. It was overall 8th in the league but during that game in the first half I had -3 yards rushing. Anyway I score on my first drive, then they throw a pick and I return it for a TD, i'm right back in the game. about 3/4 through the 4th quarter I was up 27-23 and then with a minute and a half left they get a TD because of a bad playcall by me. Anyway I get the ball, drive to the end zone only to throw a pick. I had 2 timeouts left...

They go 3 and out, and I get a good return on the punt. I am at their 40 yard line with 12 seconds left, I (very dumb) throw a short pass for 6 yards and go into hurry up, I don't have time to Audible, so I send my end reciever on a fly route and snap the ball with 3 seconds left, he was double covered but my other reciever got tangled up with the CB so it was 1on1 with the SS and I threw it right as I got hit, it was caught for a td and I won the game. It was the greatest accomplishment and feeling in my sports games career. lol.

Anyway sorry if it was boring but I was so excited. BTW it was the #1 greatest game of all time with a score of 1346 is what I think it was.
That's great. My "greatest game" in this year's version has only scored 700 or so points. I haven't had a nailbiter like that yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »