Home

I hate the long ball

This is a discussion on I hate the long ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2005, 08:53 PM   #9
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: I hate the long ball

I find the more easy is throwing the deep ball against the CPU. I don't really have a problem defending it.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:35 PM   #10
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

I haven't had the problem of getting burnt deep either. I mean, I know the computer completes one on occasion or more, but I don't consider it a problem. Make sure you get a good pass rush. I always one linebacker running the 4-2-5 on passing downs. Getting a good pass rush is a good determining factor on if the pass is completed, intercepted, or the play ends up in the backfield with me as the winner.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-28-2005, 09:38 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I feel your pain ronin21 cause the same thing happened to me. I was Auburn playing against LSU, I'm up by 6 pts with 13 seconds left on the clock and LSU has the ball they just throw it up to a receiver and catch it for a touchdown they win the game. I feel they dont make the DB's as athletic as the WR's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2005, 10:43 PM   #12
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

If your getting burnt get away from that Cover 2 defense. When in Zone you have their #1 and or #2 wideouts against your usually slower/less athletic safeties. When I am worried about the deep ball I play Cover 3 defense and mix in some blitzes. I have been playing the deep ball so much better and even managed to upset an injury ravaged USC team (now unranked!) with the lowly cougars. Let them have the flats, eventually they will air it out but this time defenders will be in position (2 picks on deep balls vs USC) Im using Auburn Alumni's Heisman sliders and the game is solid.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:06 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearsp2007
what difficulty are you playing? AA or heisman. because on heisman the deep ball is not thrown as much for cpu.
heisman....using playmakers sliders....basically every game ive played of 06' (OSU vs. Miami (OH), Texas, Iowa, Michigan, Florida) has resulted in a high scoring fest (Texas-OSU was 34-24 mid 2nd q 7 min) but ends up in a very high scoring fest for the cpu, because everytime it is 3rd down i get smoked on a pass....buckeyes D is among the best and often times a guy will run right by a tackle instead of starting that wrap up animation
Old 07-29-2005, 02:55 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I know what you saying man.I was justin a shootout with georgia on AA i lost 81-78 lolit was rediculous man.Every 3rd down they would throw deep for a touch down.Then the impact hb on georgia carried my db about 15 yards lol before scoring a 80yd td run.I HATE IMPACT PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2005, 09:16 AM   #15
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

I think you really need to tweak sliders, this and the Hum running were the main reasons why i started tweaking.

After doing that i donīt have the problem as much as i did.

At the same time you have to be aware of this when u call plays, i wonīt call a cover 2 when iīm on opponents 30... you should always leave help on the back...

cover 2 man, cover 3 and cover 4...

they wonīt throw it if is the guy covered, and you could get a coverage sack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2005, 12:17 PM   #16
Pro

ronin21's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreBly
If your getting burnt get away from that Cover 2 defense. When in Zone you have their #1 and or #2 wideouts against your usually slower/less athletic safeties. When I am worried about the deep ball I play Cover 3 defense and mix in some blitzes. I have been playing the deep ball so much better and even managed to upset an injury ravaged USC team (now unranked!) with the lowly cougars. Let them have the flats, eventually they will air it out but this time defenders will be in position (2 picks on deep balls vs USC) Im using Auburn Alumni's Heisman sliders and the game is solid.
I will give it a try

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »