Home

EA Madden/NCAA passing Vs. SEGA 2K Maximum Passing…

This is a discussion on EA Madden/NCAA passing Vs. SEGA 2K Maximum Passing… within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2005, 11:55 AM   #1
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12
EA Madden/NCAA passing Vs. SEGA 2K Maximum Passing…

Anybody notice a difference?

I’ve been loving NCAA Football so far this year, waaaaay more than the previous installments, but I have to admit that after playing the ESPN NFL 2K series for so long as well; I really feel a lack of precision control when passing in this game still, as I have for years. Anybody (especially you 2K fans) know what I’m talking about?

I know all QB’s are not created equal, but I don’t feel I can lead receivers the way I could in 2K, and that the hard/lob pass button sensitivity is too harsh. And I don’t expect all my passes to be on the money either. I just think the thumbstick seems a little more precise in 2K Football, and that the passing button seems to have more levels of touch.

I’m using Playmaker’s Heisman sliders now, so I consider myself a decent player, and I’m passing ok, but I was just wondering if anybody else knows what I’m talking about? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2005, 12:14 PM   #2
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: EA Madden/NCAA passing Vs. SEGA 2K Maximum Passing…

I have no problems with leading my receivers. I was really surprised by this and my passing has been pretty on point.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:03 PM   #3
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

yep..pretty much everything is more precise in SEGA football when it comes to controlling a player.

EA is still very behind when it comes to things like the running game, touch passing, QB pocket presence and realistic deep balls.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:31 PM   #4
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXboxur
Anybody notice a difference?

I’ve been loving NCAA Football so far this year, waaaaay more than the previous installments, but I have to admit that after playing the ESPN NFL 2K series for so long as well; I really feel a lack of precision control when passing in this game still, as I have for years. Anybody (especially you 2K fans) know what I’m talking about?

I know all QB’s are not created equal, but I don’t feel I can lead receivers the way I could in 2K, and that the hard/lob pass button sensitivity is too harsh. And I don’t expect all my passes to be on the money either. I just think the thumbstick seems a little more precise in 2K Football, and that the passing button seems to have more levels of touch.

I’m using Playmaker’s Heisman sliders now, so I consider myself a decent player, and I’m passing ok, but I was just wondering if anybody else knows what I’m talking about? Thanks.
I must agree that was onre of the first things I noticed,I could lead my receivers,better in 2K5 than in NCAA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »