Home

Schedule Errors

This is a discussion on Schedule Errors within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2005, 09:09 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Schedule Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazhirui
No, what I'm saying is it won't let me drop West Virginia specifically because it says then THEY won't have enough games on their schedule.

Schedule to play a different team than WVU (dont drop, just change team). Then try to drop the game. It may take 5 or 6 tries to find a team that can drop a game.

- Romans 8:2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2005, 03:52 PM   #26
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lav
I too had the same problem. I was playing as Michigan though. I tried a bunch of different things, but to no avail. Fortunately OSU was my last game in year 3.
Probably cause your school actually scheduled Hawaii AFTER the OSU game one year (in real life) - no respect for tradition there i suppose.

I think it was 1998
Old 08-04-2005, 09:01 PM   #27
Rookie

gobucks123789's Arena

i remember not recently, but before penn state joined the big ten one or two years in the 80's the big ten played 9 games a round robin schedule, i don't think it will be a problem with the pac 10 to do it, i think the two years the big ten did it was a year or two that the ncaa allowed a extra game those years, alot like when ohio state had the extra game in 2002 plus another extra game(the first one, was considered a "Pigskin Classic" and only happens once a year and is a special game), if it was not for the "Pigskin Classic" ohio state would have not had 14 games like they did, and would have only had 13 and would not have the ncaa record for most wins in a season, now with the allowed 12th. game and one Pigskin Classic a year and a bowl game any team that gets the Classic Game will have the chance at 14 games like ohio state did, plus when you think of it for some reason if a Big 12, SEC, ACC, or MAC team gets in the game they will have the chance at 15 games with the addition of the Conference Championship Game

12 regular season games
1 Pigskin Classic Game
1 Conference Championship Game
+1Bowl Game__________________
15 games

if the situation in some way comes up, its very unlikely to happen but hey it is possible

Last edited by gobucks123789; 08-04-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:21 PM   #28
Rookie

gobucks123789's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
Probably cause your school actually scheduled Hawaii AFTER the OSU game one year (in real life) - no respect for tradition there i suppose.

I think it was 1998
i just can't believe that, in like the 1930's i believe(may have been the 40's) ohio state and michigan made a agreement(a contract) that the Big Game would be played the last game of the season, i just can't believe why michigan would ruin the tradition of that game being last game, i'm surprised they didn't get a lawsuit thrown against them for "breach-of-contract"
Old 08-05-2005, 01:27 AM   #29
Rookie

TomHolmoe's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks123789
i remember not recently, but before penn state joined the big ten one or two years in the 80's the big ten played 9 games a round robin schedule, i don't think it will be a problem with the pac 10 to do it, i think the two years the big ten did it was a year or two that the ncaa allowed a extra game those years, alot like when ohio state had the extra game in 2002 plus another extra game(the first one, was considered a "Pigskin Classic" and only happens once a year and is a special game), if it was not for the "Pigskin Classic" ohio state would have not had 14 games like they did, and would have only had 13 and would not have the ncaa record for most wins in a season, now with the allowed 12th. game and one Pigskin Classic a year and a bowl game any team that gets the Classic Game will have the chance at 14 games like ohio state did, plus when you think of it for some reason if a Big 12, SEC, ACC, or MAC team gets in the game they will have the chance at 15 games with the addition of the Conference Championship Game

12 regular season games
1 Pigskin Classic Game
1 Conference Championship Game
+1Bowl Game__________________
15 games

if the situation in some way comes up, its very unlikely to happen but hey it is possible
The NCAA got rid of the Pigskin Classic and their "preseason classic game" ilk, that was one of the conditions of going to the permanent 12 game schedule. Plenty of teams will have a chance to match 14 wins in a season but it doesn't look like anyone will get a shot at 15 in one season, unless they make a trip out to Hawaii. I'm not sure if that loophole will remain, though.

While Michigan-Ohio State is certainly a very big game every year on the college football landscape -- often the biggest -- the "Big Game" is played in northern California.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:09 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

FINALLY!!!

For the first time, in the 8th season of USC dynasty, on my schedule is Oregon State.
Better late than never I guess, I just hope that the next time I play ASU is less than 8 seasons away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »