Home

Recruited Impact Players?

This is a discussion on Recruited Impact Players? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2005, 08:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Recruited Impact Players?

I have a quick question about impact players. Has any actually recruited them? After one of my impact players graduated, no one took his place and I now only have 2 on the roster. To anyone that has played or simmed through more than a season or two, do impact players get reassigned? This isn't that big of an issue with me since I really don't notice much of a difference with impact players than regular ones. I just like them from the standpoint that it makes it easier to identify really good defensive players after the snap. That is, do I try and juke him and try and get upfield, or should I just run out of bounds because he probably won't be faked out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2005, 08:18 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Recruited Impact Players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo136
I have a quick question about impact players. Has any actually recruited them? After one of my impact players graduated, no one took his place and I now only have 2 on the roster. To anyone that has played or simmed through more than a season or two, do impact players get reassigned? This isn't that big of an issue with me since I really don't notice much of a difference with impact players than regular ones. I just like them from the standpoint that it makes it easier to identify really good defensive players after the snap. That is, do I try and juke him and try and get upfield, or should I just run out of bounds because he probably won't be faked out?
Eventually you will have a third impact player. They get reassigned and re-evaluated during the season. I don't know exactly when it happens. You impact players can change during the season....
Old 08-01-2005, 09:20 AM   #3
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

I have recruited kids that eventually become impact players if they are good enough. It doesn't happen in your first year unless you have a cupcake team and the recruit is the best player on the squad. I don't really know about that. But the earliest i've seen it happen was the sophomore year.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 08-01-2005, 01:48 PM   #4
Rookie

illab's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
I have recruited kids that eventually become impact players if they are good enough. It doesn't happen in your first year unless you have a cupcake team and the recruit is the best player on the squad. I don't really know about that. But the earliest i've seen it happen was the sophomore year.
I have a freshman receiver who became my third impact player. I think it happened either in the 3rd or 4th game. I'm in the 2nd year of a dynasty with a formerly I-AA team, so I'm starting 14 freshman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »