Home

Pressure on the QB with front 4

This is a discussion on Pressure on the QB with front 4 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2005, 09:20 AM   #1
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18
Pressure on the QB with front 4

Hey guys. I am using Jistic's most recent set of sliders and I'm having a problem. I can't get any pressure on the QB with my front 4. The only time I can get anyone into the backfield is if I blitz a linebacker. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2005, 10:20 AM   #2
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Pressure on the QB with front 4

Well, I'm not using Jistic's sliders, I'm using kind of a hybrid of Playmakers'... But one thing I've found effective as far as getting pressure on the QB is mixing in zone blitzes... Seems to confuse them, as long as you're mixing it in and not calling it every down. If you don't get a sack, you'll at least pressure him into a bad pass.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:36 PM   #3
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm using Jistic's sliders too, and they're working PERFECTLY. I've had games where the QB was constantly getting rid of the ball quickly (Basanez for Northwestern was the best) and I didn't get a single sack against him. I've played other games where guys weren't open or the QB was holding the ball too long (Mich St backup was in because of an injury to the starter....he wasn't so good lol) and I sacked him like 8 times that game. It seems to play VERY realistically for me. It could be that you're running into some decent QB's who are good at getting rid of the ball quickly. Blitzing LB's only helps me get to the QB faster if someone isn't blocked. I've found the same works for me on offense. Doesn't matter how bad their D-line is, if I wait to long to throw the football, the pass rushers WILL get to me.

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Old 08-01-2005, 01:43 PM   #4
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm using a hybrid of playmakers AA sliders as well (just couldn't pass the ball), but anyway I get plenty of pressure on the QB with the front four. I control one of my DE's on almost every play and I'm pretty good at busting through. Not at an unrealistic rate though. Tweak the sliders if you don't think you're getting through often enough. Don't limit yourself to a particular set of sliders. I decided not to do that this year, and I'm having more fun with the game than I have in the past.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:44 PM   #5
Rookie

PhillyBalla's Arena

OVR: 1

It may be jus me but im gettin to much pressure with jistic's sliders im florida state and im beating BC 42-7 at halftime with six sacks already and i havent blitzed to much
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2005, 02:51 PM   #6
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm playing with Michigan and what I've found is that if you audible your DL to slant one direction and then reposition them towards that same direction, the off-side DE often gets in untouched. In other words, if you audible "slant right/reposition right" the DE on the LEFT side of the screen (RDE) will breeze past the guard straight towards the QB.

Becuase it works so often, I choose not to use this tactic too much. I prefer to control the MLB in zone coverage and let my DL rack up coverage sacks. I really only use this "sack audible" when the CPU is cheating its @#& off...
One other thing that seems to work in the 3-4--blitz 1 or 2 LB's while playing a man scheme, but don't "man up" your defenders. Giving the appearance of a zone D seems to create more confusion at the line, and this isn't really a "blitz" technique per se, because the 3-4 is designed for LB's to rush the QB...
Old 08-01-2005, 03:52 PM   #7
MVP

DaHokieBird's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm using Playmaker's sliders (AA), and I have 13 sacks with my DE through 8 games! And I don't like to blitz that often and just line up normal. Maybe I'm just getting lucky, but this is against ACC teams. Take it as a grain of salt though.

Thanks,
DaHokieBird
Old 08-01-2005, 04:27 PM   #8
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Well, I use Jistic's as well. The best method I've used for gettin pressure is controlling my Left end, positioning him just outside their right tackle. When the ball is snapped, I use the R-analog (pushing right, it pushes the tackle to his right). I usually have an open lane to the QB who moves out of the pocket. If I don't sack then I get a hurried pass or another person on my d-line or a linebacker get's him. Oh yeah, I also always adjust the d-line to rush straight forward, so they don't end up running into me while I'm doin' my thang.

It doesn't work all the time of course, but about 60-70% it succeeds. I give passing teams hell. Of course, it also helps to have a solid front four, or three....or 5, lol.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »