Home

Strange impact player bug

This is a discussion on Strange impact player bug within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2005, 07:28 PM   #1
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5
Strange impact player bug

Playing as Ohio State, I had 3 impact players in season 1: AJ Hawk (MLB), Santonio Holmes (WR), and Ted Ginn (WR). Hawk graduated, so I got a new defensive player as my impact, but Holmes and Ginn stayed around. Holmes is stil listed as an impact player, Ginn is not. I can see if Ginn had not had a good season....but he won the Heisman the previous year! And Holmes (obviously) did not have as good of a year as Ginn. If they had switched and given the impact player status to someone else, I could maybe justify it, but I only have 2 impact players on the team now. What gives?

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2005, 08:47 PM   #2
Rookie

Meeker's Arena

Re: Strange impact player bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazhirui
Playing as Ohio State, I had 3 impact players in season 1: AJ Hawk (MLB), Santonio Holmes (WR), and Ted Ginn (WR). Hawk graduated, so I got a new defensive player as my impact, but Holmes and Ginn stayed around. Holmes is stil listed as an impact player, Ginn is not. I can see if Ginn had not had a good season....but he won the Heisman the previous year! And Holmes (obviously) did not have as good of a year as Ginn. If they had switched and given the impact player status to someone else, I could maybe justify it, but I only have 2 impact players on the team now. What gives?
The same EXACT thing happened to me. By any chance, is Kerr your Defensive Impact Player?

The Ohio State University
Old 08-02-2005, 01:56 PM   #3
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

Yes, he is. I would have thought it would have been Jay Richardson (who won the Bednarik and set the school record for sacks in a season) because he's the highest rated player on defense (96 overall). Kerr (at a 91 overall) is my guy too though.

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Old 08-02-2005, 02:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I think you will get another one in time. In my FSU dynasty, for realism, I redshirted Antonio Cromartie (CB, out for the season with ACL injury), who was one of my impact players. Ernie Sims (LB) was the other impact player on defense. After a few games using AJ Nicholson (LB), he became my third impact player.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:19 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I found a bug when creating teams.

I created a team, and set my level as Strong D.

When it gives me a roster i only have 2 impact players, and to top it off one of them is a kicker. How F-ed up is that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2005, 04:42 PM   #6
Rookie

chuck4171's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
From what I've seen, you start the season with two playmakers, but the games have three. You could equate this to a "floater" for the third impact player which is eventually rewarded based on performance, use, etc.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:41 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

thats weird. i dont know why that would happen. must be some crazy glitch.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:44 PM   #8
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

^^^Agreed. I had a simlar issue. I had two impact players on defense, both had good years and both returned. The difference was, one wasn't an impact plaer anymore, leaving me with only two impact player, one on defense the other, offense. But the instant my now lacking impact status defensive player got an interception, he became an impact player again.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »