Home

Sim engine fix for NCAA 2006

This is a discussion on Sim engine fix for NCAA 2006 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2005, 09:51 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 5
Re: Sim engine fix for NCAA 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopgang
I think you're on to something, there has to be a way to increase the number of sacks and INTs. I simulated a year and the NCAA leader had 10 sacks and 5 INTs. My QB had a 175+ rating and wasn't even on the 2nd team for the conference. The passing stats are ridiculous. If you need any help with simulation stats, count me in.
Well if you max out the defensive aggression (100), while keeping the offense completely conservative (0) the stats are very unrealistic. The funny thing is that it really did not boost sacks, tackles and ints all that much.

Keep the offense at 0 for all teams and set the aggression for the defense at 50 and see what it looks like.

I am wondering if the actual defense type may be a factor as well. For instance maybe 4-3 should have an aggression number of x, while a 3-3-5 has it at x, and so on.

Also if every team has a specific offensive playbook, why is there a need to have a setting for West Coast, Run Option, Spread and the like. The run/pass and con/agg sliders should dictate the types of plays used by the coach. Example, if you set New Mexico State to the Flexbone, it doesn't change the fact that they have none of these formations.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 09:58 PM   #42
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobigred2
when the max rushing yards in a season is less than 1900 yds there is a big problem. you can be #1 rushing offense and avg less than 200 yds per game. Last year 20 teams averaged more than 200yd/game with a couple over 300.
Not sure if you are commenting on my posts or just in general. The information I provided is based on individual, not team statistics.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:40 PM   #43
Rookie

chuck4171's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgunn
Also if every team has a specific offensive playbook, why is there a need to have a setting for West Coast, Run Option, Spread and the like. The run/pass and con/agg sliders should dictate the types of plays used by the coach. Example, if you set New Mexico State to the Flexbone, it doesn't change the fact that they have none of these formations.

Thoughts?
I know i definitly noticed a big difference in my scrablers after taking rice and moving thier setting from flexbone to option run with a balanced run playbook. Finally had a Scrambler, 4th or 5th year after recruiting decent, run for 1000, and pass for close to 2500. Didn't get the hiesman, but now that i'm set to readjust the coach sliders...should be a little more competative for the trophy.

One note...

All this talk is doing the coach edits inside of the dynasty...wouldn't this work for any of the other modes that you planned on sim'ing? If you edit the coaches out in the main menu vs. the dynasty, is there a way to reset that? I guess deleting the setting file?
Old 08-18-2005, 02:00 PM   #44
Rookie

coopgang's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck4171
I know i definitly noticed a big difference in my scrablers after taking rice and moving thier setting from flexbone to option run with a balanced run playbook. Finally had a Scrambler, 4th or 5th year after recruiting decent, run for 1000, and pass for close to 2500.
Do you mean that your user controlled QB had these stats, or that the CPU simmed QBs had these stats. I ask this b/c QBs like Vince Young, Omar Jacobs, Reggie McNeal, etc. NEVER have good running stats in this game. They usually end the year with 56 rushes for like 7 yards. I know they count sacks against rushing yards, but in last year's game (and in real life), you'll see running QBs have 500-700 yards rushing. Heck, Young had almost 1000 yards last year.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:31 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck4171
I know i definitly noticed a big difference in my scrablers after taking rice and moving thier setting from flexbone to option run with a balanced run playbook. Finally had a Scrambler, 4th or 5th year after recruiting decent, run for 1000, and pass for close to 2500. Didn't get the hiesman, but now that i'm set to readjust the coach sliders...should be a little more competative for the trophy.

One note...

All this talk is doing the coach edits inside of the dynasty...wouldn't this work for any of the other modes that you planned on sim'ing? If you edit the coaches out in the main menu vs. the dynasty, is there a way to reset that? I guess deleting the setting file?
I am thinking that the team specific playbook is for only games that are actually played out.

When you fast sim the all the offenses run the following -- West Coast, Balanced, Option Run, Flexbone or Spread.

Unfortunately the editing (as far as I know) works only inside a created dynasty. Each time you set a new one up you would have to imput all the settings again. I have a saved dynasty (start of year one) that I run and tweak the settings without saving.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 02:35 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Do you mean that your user controlled QB had these stats, or that the CPU simmed QBs had these stats. I ask this b/c QBs like Vince Young, Omar Jacobs, Reggie McNeal, etc. NEVER have good running stats in this game. They usually end the year with 56 rushes for like 7 yards. I know they count sacks against rushing yards, but in last year's game (and in real life), you'll see running QBs have 500-700 yards rushing. Heck, Young had almost 1000 yards last year.
I think if you set those teams with scrambling qbs such as Jacobs, McNeal, Young and Vick to Option Run, it will correct this in games that are quick simmed -- giving you better stats. In a game you watch or play the team specific playbook and the run/pass slider will dictate the type of plays called.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:37 PM   #47
Rookie

chuck4171's Arena

Quote:
I'm talking about a season with only one-two player controlled games, and only about 100-150 maybe 200 on the ground in a game with my scrambler. The switch to Option Run for teams that have that stellar QB that can run (or as in Vince Young's case, a thin tall running back who plays a little QB) it results in stellar rushing numbers for the simmed QB's.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:57 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgunn
I am thinking that the team specific playbook is for only games that are actually played out.

When you fast sim the all the offenses run the following -- West Coast, Balanced, Option Run, Flexbone or Spread.

Unfortunately the editing (as far as I know) works only inside a created dynasty. Each time you set a new one up you would have to imput all the settings again. I have a saved dynasty (start of year one) that I run and tweak the settings without saving.
I thought it was very strange as well that you can only edit all the coaching sliders inside a dynasty. It would be nice to be able to only set it once. I wish it was in the settings file from the main menu instead. Oh well. If someone knows a way you can change the coaching sliders globally I would love to hear it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »