Home

Nano Blitz?

This is a discussion on Nano Blitz? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2005, 12:48 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Nano Blitz?

I am not sure if this a glitch or not because I've only had this game for about a week.... but I was wondering if this is the nano blitzing

Anyhow, I've been playing the CPU and havent encountered this problem yet, but wheen I play a friend of mine, he is able to get to my QB everytime.

Every time he runs a 4-4 I believe, he moves his right defense end outside of the OT just a bit and no matter what play I ran, the middle lineback shot through the middle and got to my QB or RB every single goddam time. I tried everything and for some reason, my O line would never pick this blitzing middle linebacker up. Everytime my friend moved his DE outside the OT a bit, I knew it was coming.. but he wouldnt control the MLB, the CPU would and get in there everytime through the hole between the center and guard..

I dont get it... Is this the NANO BLITZING everyone is talking about??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2005, 12:51 PM   #2
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Nano Blitz?

Does he call a play where the the linebacker is on a blitz? Or does the computer just blitz him no matter what?
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Old 08-04-2005, 01:07 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

I didnt ask, but I would imagine the the RILB is on a blitz.. but for some reason, when my friend moves his RDE more to the outside of the LT, there seems to be a monster hole between the center and the left guard. And that RILB shoots right through there so fast you cant do anything.. He doesnt even control the RILB, he controls the RDE throught the play...

If I do get a pass off, its deflected or thrown erratically. I just dont get it. I tried just about every play and the same thing happened over and over again. I was using Virginia and he was using Texas Tech.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

That is weird. I too would like to know exactly what the nano blitz is because I hear about it all the time yet do not know what it is. any help?
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Old 08-04-2005, 04:02 PM   #5
Banned

stinkpot's Arena

Yes there's ways to do this but its not always succesful. What happens is on a regular blitz like you named, the O-line will switch their blocks in other words the center will switch to the tackle, the guard to the end, and the tackle to the LB.

If you move your lineman in the direction of the blitzing LB, they won't switch their blocks and you'll have a lane to blitz through. This works best in Dime Dog blitz or the one you mentioned in Nickel.

It doesn't work all the time, because good offensive lines even when you rotate will either block you from the weakside guard or the RB. Also, adjusting slider settings for blocking will fix this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2005, 05:09 PM   #6
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Have you tried audibling your RB to stay in and block on that side?

For run plays, try running traps in that direction.

If that doesn't work, just chastise him until he feels guity about cheesing you to death.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »