Home

South Carolina - How Do You Beat Them in Year 3

This is a discussion on South Carolina - How Do You Beat Them in Year 3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 08:28 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: South Carolina - How Do You Beat Them in Year 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
. If you're trying to play a west coast offense, forget it. This year short passes over the middle aren't allowed.
I can pass over the middle without a problem. You just have to read the defense. It is involves actually understanding the game of football.

As for the guy who keeps restarting the game, How is that any fun at all? basically you play until you win, so that you can land good recruits? Why start with a sucky team then.... if all you want is super recruits start with USC
Old 08-06-2005, 10:38 AM   #34
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

I would get sick of playing the same team 2 or 3 times. Every once in awhile over the past few years, a game has frozen up on me half way through it, and I even hated going back and starting THAT one over, much less playing the same game 2 or 3 or more times.

Besides that, I like the realism. You shouldn't be able to win every game year in and year out. Maybe the game decided they're not going to let you do that and that's why you can't beat SC.

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Old 08-06-2005, 11:14 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 6

Yeah, I basically only go short over the middle... It is quite simple if you read the LB's. You can pile on the INT's if you miss read though. Just ask my teams Chad Henne!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2005, 02:21 PM   #36
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofm1508
I can pass over the middle without a problem. You just have to read the defense. It is involves actually understanding the game of football.

As for the guy who keeps restarting the game, How is that any fun at all? basically you play until you win, so that you can land good recruits? Why start with a sucky team then.... if all you want is super recruits start with USC
Maybe it's sliders with me or something. Balls are easily dropped or off target (with both 99 rated receivers and quarterback). The running backs drop balls all the time (97 rated HB and 94 rated FB). I can read a defense, but I can't force the receiver to catch the ball.

How can it be any fun at all? Well, it's fun for him. And isn't that the point? There is no reason for him to criticized for how he plays the game, except a bunch of "elitists" want to feel superior.

Old 08-06-2005, 06:39 PM   #37
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I just got pounded by Memphis in the season opener with Ole Miss. I just sucked. I wanted to shut it off at halftime. It was the worst first half of video game football I have ever played - I'm too embarrased to even mention the score. The computer subbed its scrubs in the 3rd quarter and I rallied back to get within 7 by the end of the game. The CPU put its first string back in when only up by 14 but they didn't sub their QB. I was puzzled cause he was on fire and the backup sucked.

Either way I'm 0-1 and I'm fine with that. I hit the practice field to learn Ole Miss's playbook better (only my second game with it) as I couldn't pass worth beans. I hope to rebound cause my 4th game is against 2nd ranked Tennessee.

Edit: If he has fun replaying the game, I don't really care but this thread has been fun.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:46 PM   #38
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

GROW SOME BALLS AND TAKE THE LOSS

Do you honestly expect people to give you advice when you're nothing more than a quitter?
What I'm Currently Listening To
Old 08-06-2005, 07:40 PM   #39
Rookie

ICEHOCEY77's Arena

OVR: 1

It's because Carolina > *.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:09 PM   #40
Banned

stinkpot's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
So, which one of you, that are blasting this guys' style of play, actually bought the game for him? It's his $50, and he can use the game in any way he wants. His enjoyment is more important than your "rules" of play. I don't understand restarting after every loss in dynasty., but I don't see anything wrong with it. And all I ever see on these boards when some asks for help, is "practice, practice, practice." Well, that's what he's doing. Since when was a rulebook printed that mandated that you couldn't replay losses over and over?
I have some severe issues with it. As human beings we waste way too much precious time of our short lives seeking entertainment, videogames are a horrible waste as is but to take that time and double or triple it because you don't want to play the game as is or lower the difficulty is a damn shame.

Of course he can do what he wants, but its just sad, to me anyways.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »