Home

Why is EA struggling??

This is a discussion on Why is EA struggling?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2005, 02:21 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Why is EA struggling??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
It's a poorly managed company that is slowly cornering in the market in the sports genre. Anybody involved in the market knows that buy and sell ratings mean close to nothing. For every sell rating you have, there is another buy rating. And growth by acquisition did fine by Microsoft for many years.

I am curious. You have a sell rating on it for what reason? I see the ceiling at 65 and the floor at around 48. I would sell here too, but I am interested in what your analysts have to say.

Remember Worldcom my friend. Growth by acquisition fails most of the time over the long term. Microsoft has been successful because of the Windows operating software and Office and although they have made acquistions they do not rely on such only for growth.

Cornering the market is expensive and to keep it cornered is even more so.

Last edited by LIGHTNING; 08-06-2005 at 02:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 03:38 PM   #26
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk
Paying too much for exclusive contracts??

Price cuts on some games like MVP baseball caused by competitors lowering prices??
I agree 100% with that.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:46 PM   #27
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPlaya
Let me post this again...

EA will be fine....they were at around 20 a share before they bought NFL rights...when they bought the NFL rights it shot up to 60. That is a damn shame I didn't have no shares...
There was no reason to post the same thing again.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-09-2005, 03:48 PM   #28
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
It's a poorly managed company that is slowly cornering in the market in the sports genre. Anybody involved in the market knows that buy and sell ratings mean close to nothing. For every sell rating you have, there is another buy rating. And growth by acquisition did fine by Microsoft for many years.

I am curious. You have a sell rating on it for what reason? I see the ceiling at 65 and the floor at around 48. I would sell here too, but I am interested in what your analysts have to say.
Of course they're going to corner the market when they are preventing other companies from even getting into the market.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »