Home

X-Box or PS2?

This is a discussion on X-Box or PS2? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2005, 10:41 AM   #1
Rookie

GaryM05's Arena

OVR: 2
X-Box or PS2?

Almost a month after release, I'm still trying to decide which platform to buy this game for (or even whether to buy it at all this year.) I'd really like to get it for X-Box for the quicker load times and no memory card hassles, but I'm concerned about the gameplay and control (PS2 control has always seemed better to me) and about the various slowdown glitches that X-Box owners seem to experience.

I've read all the threads, but I'm curious what feedback anyone has who has played the game for the past month might have here. How is the control on the X-Box? How are the loading times on the PS2? Is slowdown the same on both systems (from recent threads I'm getting the impression that it is?) And are there any platform-specific glitches like last year that anyone is familiar with?

I know that most people must be getting tired of seeing this question posed, but I'm just hoping for a definite answer. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2005, 11:38 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: X-Box or PS2?

I have a 2 year old PS2 (if the age matters) and I see a good chunk of slowdown. From what I've read, xbox doesn't seem to have that problem this year. So if I had both consoles, I'd have gotten it for xbox.

FYI: I have read posts from others saying they don't see the slowdown on the slim ps2's or even the regular. Might be due to age/use, dvd drive, or the view they play the game. I'm one to take the sure thing though, rather than hope the ps2 version runs fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »