Home

Punt out of Bounds

This is a discussion on Punt out of Bounds within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2005, 01:04 PM   #1
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

OVR: 3
Punt out of Bounds

Just wondering if anyone else uses this little oversight in games. If you select PUnt out of bounds left or right the computer brings in the a safe punt return of sorts without a deep guy. Then just move your arrow to the middle of the field and flatten it out. With the roll you can boot the ball 80+ yards. Now I know this is super cheese but I do find myself doing it from time to time to get out of some hairy situations. Anyone esle guilty of this little pleasure?
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 01:06 PM   #2
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Punt out of Bounds

Interesting, how should the cpu know that you selected punt oob in the first place?
Old 08-09-2005, 01:19 PM   #3
Rookie

chuck4171's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervekid
Just wondering if anyone else uses this little oversight in games. If you select PUnt out of bounds left or right the computer brings in the a safe punt return of sorts without a deep guy. Then just move your arrow to the middle of the field and flatten it out. With the roll you can boot the ball 80+ yards. Now I know this is super cheese but I do find myself doing it from time to time to get out of some hairy situations. Anyone esle guilty of this little pleasure?
That and the all out punt block with an audible to middle return if they catch it. I do agree it is interesting why they would go into a punt safe mode.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:23 PM   #4
b**-r*y

tehova's Arena

OVR: 18

Been this way for years.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:20 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Are you sure they arent setting up into an actuall defense? because i think that they have included QB Punts this year. Not sure but i think that maybe what your seeing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 03:42 AM   #6
Banned

stinkpot's Arena

OVR: 3

Its pretty annoying how the CPU always knows everything. If you run a punt fake they're always in the perfect D. Guess if not you could burn them, but still its pretty lame. Buts that been the AI for years.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:09 AM   #7

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkpot
Its pretty annoying how the CPU always knows everything. If you run a punt fake they're always in the perfect D. Guess if not you could burn them, but still its pretty lame. Buts that been the AI for years.
True that it always seems that they are in a defense as opposed to a punt return setup but I have still ran the fake a few times and every single time I have been successful doing such.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »