Home

I just got worked by San Diego State!!

This is a discussion on I just got worked by San Diego State!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 11:52 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: I just got worked by San Diego State!!

As an SDSU fan, I can tell you that the Michigan and OSU games were two of their best games ever. Great defense.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:32 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyJannetty13
As an SDSU fan, I can tell you that the Michigan and OSU games were two of their best games ever. Great defense.
I'd say their best game was the 1991 game vs. BYU. It was unreal, an ESPN nationally televised Saturday night game. SDSU was up at one point 45-17 late in the third. The Cougars score 28 straight to tie it. The Aztecs score real late to go up by seven. BYU evens it at 52-52 with less than a minute to play and it ends in a tie (before OT). Ty Detmer had 603 yards passing for BYU. The two teams combined for nearly 1500 yards of offense. Marshall Faulk scored 4 times for SDSU Epic! One of the best college games ever played. The Aztecs finished 8-4-1 that year.

BTW the next season the BYU/SDSU game was epic as well the Aztecs won 45-38 and Faulk ran for nearly 300 yards. It was made ESPN's game of the week because of the excitement of the 1991 game. It was the first time the Aztecs beat BYU in Provo. One of Marshall’s great runs was so spectacular that ESPN used it as part of their promos for a long time.

The 1990 game vs. Miami was great as well. Aztecs outplay but lose to the Hurricanes 30-28.

In 1992 they tied USC 31-31 as Faulk ran all over the Trojans. Bad kicking cost them the win.

I'd put those four up against the recent games vs. Michigan and OSU.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:48 AM   #11
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by toychri
WTF!! Iove this game!

I play as the Buckeyes, I was 2-0 and ranked #5 after beating Texas at home. So I go into Aztec country (stadium was half empty-hilarious) expecting to pad Ted Ginn's stats for the Heisman race. They ran up 52 points on me! 52!!

I could not stop them, I only managed 28 points myself, 14 in the 4th quarter by heaving desperation bombs to Ted Ginn. Crazy.

That is why I love this game, you can't keep tinkering with the sliders after every game, becuse things like this will happen.
I got rolled by Cincinnati in my 2nd season playing as Ohio State. They put up 69 points on me, 21 of them came from their defense. I could only manage 27 points on them. Thats what i love about this game. The next game i played #7 Penn State and i rolled them 52-14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

So I'm OSU playing SDSU... We're losing 17-20. SDSU kicker kicks off to Teddy Ginn, he takes it to about the 17 yard line, and then gets hit hard. He fumbles the ball, and one of my guys picks up the fumble on the 15. He then takes it back all the way for a TD. It was so awesome. It is currently 24-20 OSU. 3rd Quarter. I'll post the score when I'm done. Its such an exciting game. the sdsu qb is burning up my D left and right.

SDSU IS FOR REAL
Old 08-11-2005, 03:18 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is one of my biggest problems with the game, it almost feels scripted. On the whole there are way to many blowouts in this year games, either I do really well or really poorly. With maybe 2 games each season that are close.

I mean SDSU and cincinatti might upset OSU one year but its not gonna be by 30+ points.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #14
MVP

Another very weird play. Its forth down, so i have to punt it away. My punter punts it, and it bounces off of the 2 yard line. Some stupid SDSU guy (he was even an impact player) goes into the endzone and CATCHES the ball off of the bounce before it hits the endzone, and if he would've let it go, it would've been a touchback. So he catches the ball in the endzone, and then gets tackled by AJ Hawk, and the ball comes loose! The same exact guy that recovered the other fumble by Ted Ginn and returned it for a TD, grabbed the ball and scored a TD. This game is unbelievable!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:46 PM   #15
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro110
This is one of my biggest problems with the game, it almost feels scripted. On the whole there are way to many blowouts in this year games, either I do really well or really poorly. With maybe 2 games each season that are close.

I mean SDSU and cincinatti might upset OSU one year but its not gonna be by 30+ points.
That is true, ive only had a few close games so far. And ive played about 17 games so far. I understand blowing out teams like Cincy, SDSU, Indiana, etc. But blowing out Penn State and Iowa, who were both ranked in the top 10 can be annoying. I like close games against the good teams, not blow outs. And if i actually do have a close game its a shootout, like 45-42 or something like that. I still love this game though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 03:50 PM   #16
MVP

all in all, i beat them 45-20. . The score doesn't tell how hard it was though. They're really good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »