Home

Who is still playing NCAA now that Madden is out?

This is a discussion on Who is still playing NCAA now that Madden is out? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you still playing NCAA now that Madden is out?
Yes 182 86.26%
No, I am playing Madden now 23 10.90%
No, I am playing another game now 6 2.84%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2005, 11:10 AM   #33
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Who is still playing NCAA now that Madden is out?

I will get back to NCAA eventually, but so far I'm really loving Madden.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:35 PM   #34
All Star

OVR: 20

[quote=mugginns]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower

Heh, it has....one other contender !

No, won't play madden. Boycotting it. I did try it out on a friend's xbox. Many players are overrated, the cone thing is a joke, and there is still mario running. The soundtrack is absolutely terrible...no reason they should be playing emo-pop in the Ralph, kthx. All in all an abosolutely annoying experience, any fan of football games should be severely disappointed.

I'll still be playing nfl2k5 thanks.
Well, at least you listed your bias.

Why is the Cone a joke? And there is a HELL of a lot less Mario running in Madden 06 than NCAA 06.

As for the soundtrack, are you aware that you can make it play nothing but the original NFL Films music? Didn't think so.

Take care,
PK
Old 08-12-2005, 12:43 PM   #35
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

NCAA Football 06 got old pretty fast so I went back and started playing MLB 2006. I won't get Madden because I played it already and am not satisfied at all. I am now waiting for Gretzk NHL 06 and NHL 2K6.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2005, 12:47 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 9

[quote=pk500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns

Why is the Cone a joke? And there is a HELL of a lot less Mario running in Madden 06 than NCAA 06.

As for the soundtrack, are you aware that you can make it play nothing but the original NFL Films music? Didn't think so.

Take care,
PK
I'm loving the NFL Films music...and if you hate all the music on the game then just spend a few minutes importing your own tracks (assuming it's XBOX, I don't know if you can on PS2) or turn on the radio and turn off the menu music.

I think I am going to enjoy both games for a while this year....NCAA is great fun, easier to pick up and play and IMO is more fun to play online. Madden I like for the franchise mode, and will probably only play online occasionally with some friends.

Both games have their strengths and weaknesses, but there unlike last year I don't see any reason for me to trade in NCAA at this point.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:05 PM   #37
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

[quote=pk500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns

Take care,
PK
There should be NO mario running. It is ridiculous that they have still not come up with a running system without it - this is something that should've been ironed out by 2002.

NCAA still for me, its decent fun. Pro-ball = nfl2k5 with roster updates, no thanks on crap gameplay.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:13 PM   #38
All Star

OVR: 20

[quote=mugginns]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500

There should be NO mario running. It is ridiculous that they have still not come up with a running system without it - this is something that should've been ironed out by 2002.

NCAA still for me, its decent fun. Pro-ball = nfl2k5 with roster updates, no thanks on crap gameplay.
So clearly you hold Madden to a higher standard than NCAA, because the Mario running in NCAA is ridiculous while it has been toned down in Madden.

It seems to me that Mario running is one of the reasons you think Madden has "crap gameplay" yet you're willing to give the excessive Mario running in NCAA 06 a free pass?

Scratching my head on that one. Just admit your 2K bias, move on and enjoy NFL 2K5, because you're really contradicting yourself here. I really enjoyed NFL 2K5, but the horrid defensive back AI was much more of a gameplay flaw than Mario running in Madden.

Take care,
PK
Old 08-12-2005, 01:23 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Well, I'm glad to see that quality gameplay isn't important to you. Ever consider turning off the commentary?

Not playing possibly the most advanced football sim ever on a console because of the commentary ranks right up there with people pissed off that certain players are wearing the wrong-colored wristbands. Unbelievable.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Take care,
PK
I have to disagree. Guys such as John Madden, Howard Cosell, and Al Michaels are well-known and famous for a reason. Commentary and play-by-play is an integral part of football. Sure, you could turn it off, but then you are left with crowd noise and whistles. To me, the gameplay in NCAA is similar enough to Madden that I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. As for equipment and skin color, I could care less. Heck, I don't even care that the commentary repeats itself. What bothers me is the horrible editing between the phrases and the team names, player names, and player numbers.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:31 PM   #40
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I am stilling playing NCAA and loving it. I've never gotten it before because I was such a big NFL fan but now I don't plan on getting Madden just because I won't have time to play two games. Maybe its just a fresh change.

The two games aren't the same. Forget dynasty and recruiting being totally different but alot of gameplay issues are different. The HFA and composure is something Madden could use as home field doesn't mean anything there. The ability to fight for yards with a RB or take someone down is very cool as well. The passing game may not be as cerebral but the short to medium passing game still requires you to read defenses properly. Let's not forget scrambling quarterbacks and how they add a totally different dimension to both offense and defense that is not represented in the NFL. I love calling rollouts and options.

As for PK, I respectfully disagree about Impact players being overdone. I think its great. The fact that they scare you and force you to gameplan around them is fantastic. I've always felt I could shut down a top runner in Madden quite easily with the right calls and the great backs in NCAA don't let you do it. I don't think they get that much of a boost in ability anyways, they are simply great players.

The announcers alone and atmosphere is also better. There is just something about the game that is fun, even when the other team's offense is running up and down the field on you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »