Home

HFA - Off - Help drops ?

This is a discussion on HFA - Off - Help drops ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2005, 01:09 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
HFA - Off - Help drops ?

Does having HFA switched off help the cpu and human drops ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2005, 02:00 PM   #2
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: HFA - Off - Help drops ?

It's hard to say. I played a few games with HFA off on varsity level and almost all the drops were gone. At least for me, 06 was really playing well with a modified version of Jistic's sliders to give the CPU more of an offensive threat. I always play with QB and Catch sliders maxed out.

Then I bumped it up to AA, still with HFA off, and played as LSU vs. Arkansas in Death Valley. I must have thrown to LSU's best reciever (can't remember his name) about 6 times - half were "dropped." 2 went in and out of his hands and 1 hit him in the facemask as I through it towards the sidelines, over a defender, in man coverage.

For me, this game doesn't seem to be playable on AA at all, with HFA on or off. Varsity is the only way for me to go. At this level, the HFA off seems to work best. Just make the CPU tougher to beat through sliders.

-OS Radio Show

(I don't remember who said this but PM me who did say it, and I'll quote him properly)
Old 08-13-2005, 02:08 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnerwlf98
It's hard to say. I played a few games with HFA off on varsity level and almost all the drops were gone. At least for me, 06 was really playing well with a modified version of Jistic's sliders to give the CPU more of an offensive threat. I always play with QB and Catch sliders maxed out.

Then I bumped it up to AA, still with HFA off, and played as LSU vs. Arkansas in Death Valley. I must have thrown to LSU's best reciever (can't remember his name) about 6 times - half were "dropped." 2 went in and out of his hands and 1 hit him in the facemask as I through it towards the sidelines, over a defender, in man coverage.

For me, this game doesn't seem to be playable on AA at all, with HFA on or off. Varsity is the only way for me to go. At this level, the HFA off seems to work best. Just make the CPU tougher to beat through sliders.
Actually, I play with Jistics V4 sliders with HFA ON on AA and drops are generally not a problem. There arte occasional "weird" games where it seems either I or the CPU can't do anything but even during those I see completion percentages above 40% and this is about one out of 7 or 8 games. So drops are not nearly the problem they were last year. As for the riginal question, since I don't consider the drops to be a problem I've never tried HFA off.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:49 PM   #4
stewaat

OVR:

I play with it off just cuz I don't like it that much. I like to call hot routes without them messing up.

Old 08-14-2005, 12:30 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Turning off HFA seems to help the wacky stuff from happening, including drops. It doesn't elimnate it, but it helps. I've also found the CPU plays better with it off...even when it has the "HFA."

Also, good points on hot routes; so many of the plays in the game have routes that run into one another or flood one spot on the field dragging in extra defenders that don't ned to be there. With HFA off you can create pass plays "on the fly" and spread out the D, increasing your chances over clearing a spot on the field. It really helps the intermediate pass game and helps you focus on something other than chucking it deep.

Arena Football
NBA 2K6
C. Hoops 2k6
PGR 3
DOA 4
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »