Home

Ugh... starting to dislike the game.....

This is a discussion on Ugh... starting to dislike the game..... within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-14-2005, 01:27 PM   #1
Pro

imdahman's Arena

OVR: 6
Ugh... starting to dislike the game.....

Maybe it's just me and i'm complaining too much but I seem to really suck at this game. I'm also starting to notice a few things which are really, really bugging me.

The Long ball
The lack of blocking
How the CPU can score at a moment's notice

It's all getting to me... grr. I mean, with the pass blocking, they are ALWAYS on me in 1 second. I've watched several replays where the line will literally just let the guy go right by him and go off and try to block a safety! Leaving my QB to be flattened by BOTH the DT and LB....ugh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2005, 03:16 PM   #2
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Ugh... starting to dislike the game.....

I've never had a problem with any of those issues. I simmed through my Oregon season (because I forgot to do in-season recruiting) and took over LSU for the start of my 5th season, and am still have a blast.

The computer completes maybe 1 long ball a game...2 if they have a stud...same for me...and trust me we both toss at least 3-4.

Blocking is great for me. The key is to stay in the pocket. You run around and you are dead. I prefer to roll out but only if the DE slants inside, otherwise he will crush you because your OT is basically blocking him towards you.

I love the fact that the computer can score at a moments notice on me. It's college...big plays are part of college. It doesn't happen every game but I've seen them take a draw play to the house, a short screen, even just a regular out pattern and my CB whiffs going for the pick. That's how it should be, especially when going against talented players. If they have a 99 RB or WR I except him to score and look forward to stopping him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »