Home

Strategies against year two Florida Gators

This is a discussion on Strategies against year two Florida Gators within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2005, 11:12 AM   #1
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Strategies against year two Florida Gators

I'm heading into the SEC Championship Game against the Florida Gators in my dynasty. They are 11-0, #1 in the nation and I am 8-3 (Auburn). They totally destroyed me earlier this year by like 20 and I don't want that to happen again because I can really salvage my season with a win here.

Anybody had and experience playing this team in year 2, I think they are tough. They throw the ball like crazy to Caldwell and Chris Leak is right behind me in Heisman voting. Their HB got me a lot in our earlier game too when they do the direct snap out of shotgun. I'm just looking for some defensive strategies before I take them on tonight. Maybe they won't be as tough as they were early in the season, but I think they will be.

I have average defensive backs but an impact player at safety, do you think I should defend in the zone or man to man? I'm pretty strong at DL but one of my ends just went down for the season, but I have depth. I'm mainly concerned with stopping their passing game.

Any suggestions?

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2005, 11:22 AM   #2
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Strategies against year two Florida Gators

Double-team Caldwell while blitzing Leak? I used this strategy against Michigan (Henne/Breaston) in my second season and destroyed them. But Mike Hart was injured so they couldn't run the ball, and Henne doesn't have the speed that Leak does. Just an idea though.

Florida is #1 and 8-0 in the second season in my Penn State dynasty. I doubt I'm gonna get to the nat'l title game though to meet them.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-16-2005, 11:26 AM   #3
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Strategies against year two Florida Gators

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Double-team Caldwell while blitzing Leak? I used this strategy against Michigan (Henne/Breaston) in my second season and destroyed them. But Mike Hart was injured so they couldn't run the ball, and Henne doesn't have the speed that Leak does. Just an idea though.

Florida is #1 and 8-0 in the second season in my Penn State dynasty. I doubt I'm gonna get to the nat'l title game though to meet them.
I tried doubling him up early in the season but they kept moving him around to the other WR spot and in the slot, it was driving me crazy. Maybe I need to set up some audibles for this team specifically so I can audible to double him when he lines up in different places. Before, I would double both the outside WRs and Caldwell would show up in the slot and burn the LB covering him. I could really use defensive player specific audibles in this game

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »