Home

Who designed some of these offensive plays?

This is a discussion on Who designed some of these offensive plays? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-16-2005, 10:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Who designed some of these offensive plays?

(Sorry if this was discussed already)

-You DO NOT pull the onside linemen on a Toss to the I-Back, you pull the onside guard, a backside guard, the backside linemen, both guards, OR zone it.
-There should NOT be two or more LBR/ DLinemen going into the backfield against a zone blocking scheme, unless its a blitz.
-You CAN have Load, Lead, and Speed Options in a Flexbone Offense: ask Navy, AFA, and Georgia Southern.

Anyway, I'm still learning how to play since I'm slower to pick up things than most here, so please don't flame me, lol.

PS: Memo to EA (or if you guys want to check something out), here's some college and pro playbooks that the programmers can make their plays from for NCAA and Madden 2007:
http://www.letstalkdefense.com/playbooks.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2005, 07:36 PM   #2
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Who designed some of these offensive plays?

I have a feeling probably 80% of the people on this board (myself included) have no idea what you're talking about. However, you have succeeded in your goal of sounding impressive by liberal use of technical football jargon.

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Old 08-16-2005, 09:49 PM   #3
Fear Ameer

skitch's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazhirui
I have a feeling probably 80% of the people on this board (myself included) have no idea what you're talking about. However, you have succeeded in your goal of sounding impressive by liberal use of technical football jargon.
What he said.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:10 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tico brown
(Sorry if this was discussed already)

-You DO NOT pull the onside linemen on a Toss to the I-Back, you pull the onside guard, a backside guard, the backside linemen, both guards, OR zone it.
-There should NOT be two or more LBR/ DLinemen going into the backfield against a zone blocking scheme, unless its a blitz.
-You CAN have Load, Lead, and Speed Options in a Flexbone Offense: ask Navy, AFA, and Georgia Southern.

Anyway, I'm still learning how to play since I'm slower to pick up things than most here, so please don't flame me, lol.

PS: Memo to EA (or if you guys want to check something out), here's some college and pro playbooks that the programmers can make their plays from for NCAA and Madden 2007:
http://www.letstalkdefense.com/playbooks.html

If youre in the "I", and you run a strongside toss, often teams will pull the playside OT and OG in order to invite the D-lineman inside of the TE. IF you can succesfully invite the DE (and consequently the DT) inside of the TE then you have two pulling lineman and a runningback against a LB and a Safety. Its a commonly used scheme.

I agree with you on the ZONE problems though, BAD lines zone block beacuse it is easier, it should be more succesfull in the game than they have it right now.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:04 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15

the offensive plays are terrible, a lot of them you know wont work, or will barely ever work. 2k's plays were much more realistic. in NCAA on passing plays they just have recievers running patterns right next to eachother for the heck of it, (they are not floods or anything). Pee wee football teams run better designed routes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 12:36 AM   #6
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0
the offensive plays are terrible, a lot of them you know wont work, or will barely ever work. 2k's plays were much more realistic. in NCAA on passing plays they just have recievers running patterns right next to eachother for the heck of it, (they are not floods or anything). Pee wee football teams run better designed routes
Word. The routes are just awful and too congested. And the way the D plays in this game, it makes it next to impossible to throw over the middle of the field, but more than a couple times a game. Plus, having the QBA turned down to 25% to fix the deep ball, messes up the THA on short yardage pass plays.

I'm still playing this game, but I just hope they fix the passing next year. The QB touch is just NOT good. Maximum passing felt much more fluid and controllable.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:42 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 15

totally, one of the cardinal sins of offense is letting 1 defensive player in a zone be able to cover two recievers at the same time. id say 50% of the passing plays in NCAA allow the D to do exactly that

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »