Home

Great games

This is a discussion on Great games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2005, 09:28 PM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Great games

I haven't had this much fun playing football for awhile. After starting my Ole Miss dynasty at 0-4 and getting hosed at Tennessee, the breaks started coming my way. After pounding The Citadel 83-10 (I needed to pad some stats) I had 3 tough but winnable games in my next 4.

I played Alabama and was down 24-10 at the half. I came back in the 2nd half and tied it up at the beginning of the 4th quarter 24-24. I then scored 2 straight TDs only to give up two TD, one with just over 30 seconds left. I got two pass plays for decent yardage and kicked a 47 yarder as time expired for my first win.

I then play Kentucky who is a C+ squad and throw up 70 points on them. I'm now 3-4. I take on Auburn and it goes to overtime tied at 24 (or 30 not sure). I win in the first OT and am now 4-4.

I take on 1-7 Arkansas at home with a road trip to #2 LSU next on the schedule. I need this win but I struggle to stop the option. However, my running game is great despite my horrendous passing. I go up 28-27 late in the 4th on a punt return for a TD. They march down the field completing two 4th down conversions and beat me on a last second field goal.

I'm having so many close games with different types of teams, I just find the game is great. There can be too many big special teams plays (not too bad against good teams) and the long ball can be too easy but the game is just plain fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 09:41 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Great games

i wish i could have as much fun as your having with the game. its like i just cant get into it like 2004. i dont know what it is.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:52 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearsp2007
i wish i could have as much fun as your having with the game. its like i just cant get into it like 2004. i dont know what it is.
This is the first time I've played NCAA so its very new for me and I have no comparisons to past games that might sway me otherwise. Its a different game compared to the pro games and maybe that's why I like it.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:54 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
This is the first time I've played NCAA so its very new for me and I have no comparisons to past games that might sway me otherwise. Its a different game compared to the pro games and maybe that's why I like it.
Well, I have played last year's rendition of the game and I LOVE this year's NCAA much more than last year's. No more slowdown on XBOX. I, too, am loving this game as I feel they finally got it right.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:36 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Speaking of great games, I had an awesome awesome game today. It was actually quite a battle and I was cussing like hell when playing it but the outcome was all good so Im happy. I was Florida and playing @LSU. The game started well for me with me taking a 17-7 lead in the first quarter. However it was difficult to sustain offensive momentum thanks to LSU's D and it proved difficult to stop them what with their RB running wild and their ability to complete long passes even into double coverage, so they came back to tie it 17-17. I manage to make a field goal to send the game to HT at 20-17 Florida. At this point I was pretty confident I'd win as I usually win if I manage to "hang" with the other team long enough as eventually Id pull away and the other team cant keep it up. However LSU stopped me on the opening drive of the 2nd half and their offense goes to score, putting them up 24-20. I manage to go out and score myself in the next drive, putting me up 27-24 going into the 4th quarter. In the 4th both Ds neutralize each other at first but eventually LSU manages to put up a neat drive that I manage to stop eventually but it nets them 3 points tying the game up at 27-27 with less than a minute remaining in the game. In inspired fashion I drive my Florida team down the field and with 8 seconds remaining we score a touchdown to make the score 34-27 and at this point I obviously figure I have the game in the bag. We kick off and they dont get much on the return with 8 seconds to go they have a shot at maybe 2 plays. Their first play is a long pass that falls innocently to the ground as an incompletion. With only 4 seconds to go LSU has their last shot, they are at their own 25 yard line and indeed their hail mary finds a receiver at Florida's 20 yard line, a number of Florida players try tackling the receiver but all miss and with time run out LSU scores a touchdown to make it 33-34, the PAT makes it 34-34 and the game goes to OT.

Florida wins the coin toss and I elect to go on defense first. I manage to hold LSU to a field goal and now the score is LSU up 37-34. I go on offense and manage to drive the ball down to LSU's 5 yard line and 1&Goal. I try a short pass to a tight end in the endzone, dropped. So I decide to go conservative and rush it up the gut, this nets 3 yards and its 3rd and goal at the 2 yard line. Now I again try to rush it up the gut but for nowt as LSU's D line stiffens up. This leaves me with a 4th and goal at the 2 yard line. At this point I am quite pissed off with my inability to finish them off and in typical aggressive fashion (if its 4th and short you can basically count on me going for it most of the time) I decide to end the game right there and go for it on 4th down. My play pick is as stubborn as conservative and I decide to rush up the middle again, this time using my rarely utilized fullback. I dont dare to pass on 4th usually due to the dropping disease receivers have in this game. So on 4th and 2 I hand the ball to my fullback who finally stumbles into the endzone for the gamewinning touchdown. Florida 40 LSU 37 in OT. The game got a greatness score of 2635, well above the other "great games" I have on my list and this was easily the most taxing game Ive played as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »