Home

dropped passes make me wanna drop my xbox

This is a discussion on dropped passes make me wanna drop my xbox within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2005, 12:13 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: dropped passes make me wanna drop my xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
The reason some people don't see a problem is because some people know how to play QB in this game. You have to know when to throw a bullet, when to throw a soft lob, when to throw to a recieve on his route (timing DOES matter), and when to stay in the pocket and when to roll out. All of these things play a factor, whether some of you want to believe it or not.

Take route timing for example. Just because a recieve is immediately open at the snap, doesn't mean he's ready to have the ball throw his way, especially if his route hasn't been fully run yet. And staying in the pocket vs. rolling out really does make a difference, because the QB is less accurate on the run, and may throw the ball a little ahead or behind his reciever, and may not have as tight of a spiral on his throw.

There are reasons some people don't have the same problem, so a few of you guys need to stop getting so defensive when those people try and tell you why you are dropping passes and they aren't. Instead of snapping back and bitching at them, just suck it up and get better. The problem isn't the game, it's you. If it was the game, we'd all be having this problem...
Very well said, learn to play QB!! Drops are not an issue this year on Xbox or PS2. I own both and play both and trust me, it's the same game basically on both systems. I'm not having any problems online or offline with dropped passes at all. Now if only I was better at running the ball.....

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-13-2005, 01:38 PM   #18
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Very well said, learn to play QB!! Drops are not an issue this year on Xbox or PS2. I own both and play both and trust me, it's the same game basically on both systems. I'm not having any problems online or offline with dropped passes at all. Now if only I was better at running the ball.....
I still see problems with passes directly over the middle a lot regardless of how I throw it. Last night my WR was in the zone, and he went over the middle. I threw it probably a little too soft, but still he was in the zone. I just try not to throw over the middle at all due to this. Otherwise I don't have the problem.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:24 PM   #19
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Whatever! I refuse to argue about this anymore, it is POINTLESS!
Old 09-13-2005, 11:34 PM   #20
Rookie

.25's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAnt911
Whatever! I refuse to argue about this anymore, it is POINTLESS!
Exactly. There should be a forum on the bottom of the list called "Yes it is...No it isn't" and all this crap could just flush down to there.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:51 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'll add my 2 cents, I play on PS2 and have no problem with dropped passes. I get the odd one when I bullet a pass to a receiver who's 5 yards away or when I throw to my FB who can't catch, but generally my receivers are pretty dependable. I think like the others said, it matters how much power you put on your throw, there is a time and place for bullet throws.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2005, 03:56 PM   #22
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhudey
I'll add my 2 cents, I play on PS2 and have no problem with dropped passes. I get the odd one when I bullet a pass to a receiver who's 5 yards away or when I throw to my FB who can't catch, but generally my receivers are pretty dependable. I think like the others said, it matters how much power you put on your throw, there is a time and place for bullet throws.
That has nothing to do with it, and NOW I can prove it. I just bought the PS2 version yesterday, and the difference is NIGHT AND DAY. I use the same sliders, settings, playcalls, and everything that I did on the XBOX and I have thrown for 60%+ in almost every game that I have played. This is compared to the XBOX where I scratched and clawed to throw for 50%. I had at the most 4 drops in one game, compared to the 10+ that I was getting on the XBOX. Now someone explain that, did I magically become a great passer in 2 days? or was it the XBOX version like I and MANY OTHERS HAVE SAID 1,000 TIMES?
Old 09-14-2005, 04:02 PM   #23
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

What other differences do you see between the two versions? How about the ease of the deep ball? At least you can see why most PS2 owners don't see the dropped ball problem. I love the PS2 version but haven't tried the XBox version and won't bother anyway since I don't have one.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:09 PM   #24
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
What other differences do you see between the two versions? How about the ease of the deep ball? At least you can see why most PS2 owners don't see the dropped ball problem. I love the PS2 version but haven't tried the XBox version and won't bother anyway since I don't have one.
The grass textures are WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better on the PS2, the XBOXes look like washed out turf, the deep ball seems about the same...maybe a little easier on the XBOX. Also the XBOX has some slowdown that isn't present on the PS2, and I've seen a few animations that I haven't seen on the XBOX (not saying that they aren't there, just that I haven't seen them yet).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »