Home

Bill Abner thrashed this game in his review...

This is a discussion on Bill Abner thrashed this game in his review... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2005, 07:26 AM   #17
K*ngs *f th* D*nc*!

PdiddyPop's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Bill Abner thrashed this game in his review...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
You're kidding right?

A shadow of his former self.....things have got to his head a bit IMO.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:31 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Well maybe he couldn't find himself a good setting. Personally, I could care less about what another guy's opinion is regarding the game.

I've seen the CPU adjust on AA and Heisman Level. Maybe some guy's are just too good for the game and it doesn't matter what level or settings they create they will always be unsatisfied because the CPU isn't perfect. Trust me I've read some of the reasons why he dislikes the game in his old slider post and it doesn't shock me to know that he never found those perfect settings he was looking for in a video game. But that doesn't mean it's a bad game for everyone. More power to him and his review we all have our own personal opinions about the game and I'm sure there will be plenty of us that still play the game until 2007 is released. That's when someone else will write a review about how 2007 wasn't great either. It happens every year and this year is no different.

So, it might not be very good to others. But it's good to me.....
Old 09-02-2005, 04:25 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm absolutely loving this game. Plain & simple!!!
Old 09-02-2005, 04:32 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I'm absolutely loving this game. Plain & simple!!!

Me too!
Old 09-02-2005, 04:53 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

I just wish I had more time to coach. Maybe I'll get a game or two in over the long weekend. Well, let's see. My grandma's 80th birthday celebration is tonight. Tomorrow there's an all-day bbq for the 1st Saturday of football season. Hmmm, maybe Sunday. FSU plays Monday night. Woo Hoo!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2005, 11:38 PM   #22
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

I know Bill became frustrated with the game at a point because he could not find a good slider setting on either Heisman or AA. He worked a long time trying the right combinations for it to play realistically for him, started over from scratch a few times, and I never heard him say that he'd found some settings that he liked.

I have a lot of respect for Bill, he seems to be a very level-headed guy and certainly knows what he's talking about. I did not read his review, but having known his struggles with the sliders, I can agree with him to a point. It took me a lot longer this year to find the right adjustments and find settings to the point where it was challenging (without being ridiculous) and still fun. I finally did find them, but I'm sure my play style is different from Bill's.

I've had some simply amazing games and this year might be the most fun I've had with an NCAA game yet. In my second season with Ohio State, I won the National Championship over Florida with a 38-35 win. It went back and forth the entire game and I won it on a field goal with 0:13 to go. In my third season, I played at Washington, and was down 24-7 at one point in the second quarter, and fought my way back to win 38-34, scoring the go-ahead touchdown with 0:52 left on the clock.

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Old 09-03-2005, 01:53 AM   #23
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
No but after the last two posts, I guess some guys aren't impressed with him.

Here is his blog:
http://sportsgamer.blogspot.com/
The whole idea of his blog is a joke! He posts personal stuff on there about his family and how he's buying property. Then when people comment negatively on it he closes the comments and says how unnecessary it was. Well, what do you expect when you make your personal life available to the entire internet? And why does anyone care? He thinks he's pretty important, but not so much.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:07 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Regardless of whether you agree or disagree, this guy DOES know football gaming. He just wasn't able to find a way around the issues he had with the game. Some were. Since I coach, my issues were almost none from day one so it's all good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »