Home

Greed Kills

This is a discussion on Greed Kills within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2005, 10:45 AM   #1
Rookie

ufer2's Arena

OVR: 3
Greed Kills

Season opener. I'm Michigan leading Northern Illinois 24-7 into the second half. They make a couple of plays late to get it to 24-21, but I never felt like things were getting away from me. I just need to get a few first downs to run out the clock in the final two minutes. I manage to get all the way down inside the NIU 10-yard line with :04 left. All I have to do is snap it, kneel, game over, right?

But I've always been about running up the score and putting your boot in someone's side when they're down.

I start thinking, "Hey, Henne doesn't have a TD pass today, so I'll run a fade pattern in the right corner." Thinking either TD or game over. Instead, I get hit as I release it, but the ball hangs in the air, gets picked off at the two and the CB runs it all the way back from a TD. Game over. I lose 27-24. I just laid on the floor in disbelief for like a minute. Stunned. Stupid. Lesson learned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2005, 11:12 AM   #2
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Greed Kills

Hah! Poor decision especially in the redzone comes back to haunt you just about every time. Last night Canes QB Kyle Wright has a chance to throw the ball away to avoid a loss but instead he moves forward and gets nailed with the sack forcing Miami back to the 10-yard line. If I were the coach I would have immediately taken the kick for a field goal to tie.

I love this game though, playing on the hardest levels because if you mess up most often you will pay for it. Heck of a play to lose the game.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:45 PM   #3
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Greed Kills

yea i learned this lesson the hard way but not passing with running the ball, i lost two games last season because i just ran hb dive at the end of the game and fumbled, now i take a knee and get out of there with a W

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »