Home

Next-Gen physics?!?!?

This is a discussion on Next-Gen physics?!?!? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2005, 10:20 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 25
Next-Gen physics?!?!?

Take a look at the new physics engine that naturalmotion.com has created. http://www.naturalmotion.com/pages/demos.htm The upper right video that says Sneak preview has some incredible football animations. This physics engine is expected to be used by many companies that are developing PS3 games. Haven't heard about it being used for XBOX360. Anyway just watch some of the videos on here. They are incredible. I really hope that EA uses this engine for Next-Gen because that would make the game that much better. Also you can download a free full version of this software right from the company. It is fully unlocked and there is no time trial. The only thing that you can't do is use your creations commercially. I downloaded it and have made some animations of my own. This thing is unbelievable. I suggest you try it out. A word of caution though, YOU WILL SPEND HOURS AT A TIME WITH THIS PROGRAM. Once you get the hang of it you can't stop using it. Some of the things you can do are just unreal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2005, 01:48 PM   #2
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Next-Gen physics?!?!?

It looks too NFL Blitz-ish to me
Old 09-07-2005, 01:58 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
It looks too NFL Blitz-ish to me
Yeah I think they went a little to far with the flying in the air after getting hit, but if they can finally add realism after the tackle, it gives me hope that they can get the OL to actually block and open up real holes.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:31 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 25

These videos were simply ceated to show what the program can do. They are not meant to be what will actually be in the game. The fact that it can animate these tackles that smoothly means that it can certainly animate realistic tackles without any problem. Remeber that the company who made these videos are not football game creators. They are just physics engineers.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:51 PM   #5
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Impressive stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2005, 05:16 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Take a look at the new physics engine that naturalmotion.com has created. http://www.naturalmotion.com/pages/demos.htm The upper right video that says Sneak preview has some incredible football animations. This physics engine is expected to be used by many companies that are developing PS3 games. Haven't heard about it being used for XBOX360. Anyway just watch some of the videos on here. They are incredible. I really hope that EA uses this engine for Next-Gen because that would make the game that much better. Also you can download a free full version of this software right from the company. It is fully unlocked and there is no time trial. The only thing that you can't do is use your creations commercially. I downloaded it and have made some animations of my own. This thing is unbelievable. I suggest you try it out. A word of caution though, YOU WILL SPEND HOURS AT A TIME WITH THIS PROGRAM. Once you get the hang of it you can't stop using it. Some of the things you can do are just unreal.
i looked on there and i dont see a full free version, actually i dont see any free version. all i see is the $12,795 version.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:18 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

never mind i found it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »