Home

Official Next Gen NCAA 07 Wishlist

This is a discussion on Official Next Gen NCAA 07 Wishlist within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2005, 10:43 AM   #25
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Official Next Gen NCAA 07 Wishlist

Similar to what Jistic said, I want to see bad snaps on FG's, punts and shotguns.

They have weak ones for punts (where they go left/right) and shotgun where they snap it to high but the QB always catches it.

I wanna see shotgun snaps go flying over the QB's head or go straight into the ground. I thought of this after watching the Jets/Chiefs game two weeks ago, hehehe.

Also, some hitting the ground too short, etc for punts and FG's.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2005, 10:54 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

While we are on Special Teams stuff, how about blocked punts and FGs (see Pitt vs Neb or Tenn vs FL games). It is in the game but it isnt IN the game!

How about more formations: aka the shot-ginn used by Ohio State and more defensive formations!
Old 09-21-2005, 05:27 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 11

Shanked Punts

Qb's doing a playaction and just standing still with their back to the defense for a few seconds.

Better mid air hits on WR's.

Replays (they will be in the next version more then likely though)

Team-specific defensive playbooks

Late Hits

Summer/Spring practices
Old 09-21-2005, 05:41 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 12

how about special teams rating for every team?

Expansion of stadiums.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:18 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearsp2007
how about special teams rating for every team?
Don't they already have that?

Old 09-22-2005, 02:47 PM   #30
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

I'd love to see Coaches be made a factor in the game. EA can't use the players names, but why not license the Coaches names and likenesses? Give a coach a real philosophy and style. And, if that coach leaves a school, it should be apparent in the new school... Things like Notre Dame turning to a Pro Style under Weiss. John L. Smith bringing the spread to Michigan State.

How about Alumni pressure being part of the Coaches contract?

How about being able to grow a school's program? If I make a small MAC school a bigger football program...maybe I can add seats to the stadium.... maybe even rebuild a newer facility if I move to the BIG 10?

How about Academic ineligibles? For games and seasons? Blue Chip prospects that commit but can't make the grades to get in?

Pipelines by High School or City instead of just state?

Spring practice?

Option to go playoffs instead of Bowls?

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 09-22-2005, 03:09 PM   #31
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I want receivers to drop the ball much less on crossing routes.

Bad Snaps

BLOCKED FGS/XPS And how about bad holds? Special teams makes college football, it's been crappy for TOO long.

More effective pass blocking, especially by the backs.
PLEASE LISTEN EA!

Great point, I've always wanted a football game with TWO meters while kicking a fieldgoal.

One for the snap/hold exchange and the other for the kick. The snap/exchange would have a meter similair to the old school nba live free throw mechanics where you'd have to line up the axis points. This would be ideal for FG's only, while XP would be the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2005, 07:46 PM   #32
Rookie

mjacks10's Arena

OVR: 6

-Better blocking. O-linemen still stand idly by while a pass rusher runs past him and run blockers still often run by someone they should be picking up. Blockers should block the closest man. It has improved, but still needs work. Pass blocking by the backs is atrocious though. Seriously, work on that.

-Team specific entrances/traditions like the Vols running through the T or the flaming spear at FSU.

-Maybe its just me, but I think that Race for the Heisman is a little dull compared to Dynasty. All you do is play games. I understand the reasoning considering the fact that all we control is our player, but for instance I don't think that school/NCAA record books are accessible. That would be nice to have. It would also be cool to be able to keep track of recruiting during the regular and offseason and browse the the Sports Illustrated and Athlon/Rivals stuff.

-During my junior year at Kansas St, we only got commitments from 2 players during the season & both were 4 star OTs. This was even though we were ranked #1 in the nation for the majority of the season, lost the championship game the previous year, and won a respectable bowl game the year before that. I'd like to see smarter recruiting from the CPU AI since we as players have no control over that.

-I agree with the student section idea.

-Give the Big Hit the same functionality as the Hit Stick. Flipping the stick to go for the big hit seemed like it worked every once in a while. Sometimes the defender would connect and sometimes he'd do nothing. At least with the Hit Stick you see him attempt it every time even though the outcome might not have always been a crushing tackle.

-Halftime and post game highlights.

-Offensive/Defensive coordinators.

-Ability to name coaches the way we name players from the main menu.

-More relevant commentary...winning/losing streaks. Heisman hopefuls, coaches on the hot seat, background on the more known rivalry games, school traditions, etc.

-Get rid of recruits who for some reason seem to disappear during in season recruiting, recruits who you chase for all five weeks of offseason recruiting and end up not signing anywhere, and punters/kickers who don't jump at the opportunity to start.

-Impact players should get in the zone at the right time & for the right reason. Getting in the zone should be the exception as opposed to the rule.

-Realistic sim stats.

-No penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct when the slider is set to zero.

-Better blocking on screen passes & the abiltiy to actually fool a team with an agressive pass rush.

Thats all for now.

Last edited by mjacks10; 09-22-2005 at 07:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »