Home

2k5'r considering this game

This is a discussion on 2k5'r considering this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2005, 07:14 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
2k5'r considering this game

I prefer and play NFL 2k5 for my main football fix. However, the last time I had this (NCAA) game was 2003 with Joey Harrington on the cover. I remember I played the snot out of the game, and felt it was the best football game that year. I will say that I just do not like nor have I liked for past 4 years, Madden football. I am itching for this game to get a college footbal fix and I like the Dynasty idea.
I also don't want to waste my money, I am not a big fan of that. I have rented Madden this year and can honestly say I gave it a shot and just could not get into it. Is it safe to say that if I do not prefer Madden style of football that I will also dis-like this game? Or, is it significantly different and better? It already has a HUGE plus over Madden in that it does not have his and Michels super annoying, bland, repetitive comentary.
Lastly, I do have AR for Xbox, so do the rosters that people make have all of the names added so it's not just numbers associated with the players? And do the announcers then say the names? Thanks to any honest non-flaming feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2005, 07:56 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: 2k5'r considering this game

yes if you have an action replay they will say the names. i like the game but i cant find a good slider set. it is a lot better than madden though.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:26 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearsp2007
yes if you have an action replay they will say the names. i like the game but i cant find a good slider set. it is a lot better than madden though.

What are you looking to address/change with the sliders? Does the game have some weak area (they all do) that you would like to fix? I heard of someone complaining about dropped passes. Is the running the same as Madden? Meaning the "pinball" runners that just bounce off of guys running in place, or are there actual holes that open up? I have noticed a few different and better animations over Madden, which may not be saying much because I feel they are some of the worst I have ever seen. But thatnks for the feedback.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:33 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB33
What are you looking to address/change with the sliders? Does the game have some weak area (they all do) that you would like to fix? I heard of someone complaining about dropped passes. Is the running the same as Madden? Meaning the "pinball" runners that just bounce off of guys running in place, or are there actual holes that open up? I have noticed a few different and better animations over Madden, which may not be saying much because I feel they are some of the worst I have ever seen. But thatnks for the feedback.
i am just not getting a variety of games. i have seen no defensive battles and no nail biters.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:02 PM   #5
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearsp2007
i am just not getting a variety of games. i have seen no defensive battles and no nail biters.
If you want defensive battles and nail biters then turn off HFA.
I like the extra atmosphere HFA adds but its just not worth all the problems.
With HFA off the games are closer and lower scoring. Drops are not as bad
with HFA off either...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2005, 08:07 AM   #6
Pro

What is HFA? And are there no other people that would like to chime in? Are there any of you that only buy this game and not Madden? Or do you get this as a precursor to Madden? Is it different?
Old 09-16-2005, 08:23 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 25

This game is SOOOO much better than Madden. I remember the good ole days of 2003 as well. I've never played a game as much as I did that one. It was just great. The game is definetly better this year than last year. The Race For The Heisman is a cheap marketing ploy that is quite boring. However Dynasty is still there and better than ever. You now have inseason recruiting and recruiting pipelines for the off-season. It adds a depth of realism and challenge to recruiting. Go rent it and see if you like it. If you liked 03 you should like 06.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:28 AM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB33
What is HFA? And are there no other people that would like to chime in? Are there any of you that only buy this game and not Madden? Or do you get this as a precursor to Madden? Is it different?
HFA is home field advantage and I leave mine on and still have plenty of nailbiters. People are split on the boards about HFA but I like it. Most of my games are higher scoring though.

As for 2K5, I loved 2K4 but didn't love 2K5. It was good but had a lot of problems that didn't exist in 2K4. My biggest problem is the terrible QB play by the CPU which can't be fixed imo. I had Madden last year too which I thought was good but the presentation and play in the front 7 (player interaction) was much inferior to 2K5 so you had two good games with problems.

This year I haven't even tried Madden. My wife got me NCAA 2006 (first time ever for college as I'm very pro NFL) and I am having a blast. Maybe its because I don't know college that well I let the little things go but with my own sliders I absolutely love this game. Its one of the funnest football games I have played over the last 5 years (2K4 the best for 2K and Madden 2003 the best for me for EA before this).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »