Home

15 DROPPED PASSES

This is a discussion on 15 DROPPED PASSES within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2005, 10:29 PM   #33
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 15 DROPPED PASSES

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
You people are arguing about things that aren't mutually exclusive. BigAnt and others from his camp need to understand that while it there may very well be fewer drops in the PS2 version, the XBOX version is not PLAGUED with a drop problem that can't be worked around. Last year there were drops on both systems but much more on XBOX than PS2. I believe it may be the same this year. HOWEVER, I play on XBOX and I can tell you that learning to put more touch on passes reduces it to a non-issue.

So to sum up, I think the passing game on XBOX has more drops than PS2. On this I believe BigAnt. But learning to put a lot of touch on your passes on XBOX will also give you a good realistic passing game, so the other guys aren't lying either. If you believe that no wide opendrops happen in real life then I suggest you turn your TV on on saturday afternoon
As I said I refuse to discuss this any farther, it is stupid and pointless, and to the other guy (don't really care to remember your name) who attacked me: I don't know you, don't want to know you, I didn't even start this thread, and your putting words in my mouth. All I was doing was trying to help out a fellow gamer, and all that I do is get attacked. I never said that ALL people experience this, and all of that other BS that you claim that I said, all I did was offer a surefire solution to the problem. I made no offensive comments to you or anybody else until you guys started with the smart comments, and stupid personal attacks. I have said my peace and I am done with this thread. Have a good one!

Last edited by Illustrator76; 09-27-2005 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:02 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 5

[quote=BigAnt911] I never said that ALL people experience this, and all of that other BS that you claim that I said, all I did was offer a surefire solution to the problem. QUOTE]

Do you see what you said. A SUREFIRE solution to the problem. Well, if it is a surefire solution it is then a fix for everyone. But it is not, it is mereley an opinion of an observation of a few games. So I DID NOT put words in your mouth. While it is nice to try and "help" out other gfamers, you were doing much more than that by jumping in with GUARANTEES, which in fact have no weight and are really just an opinion. By the way my opinion of the PS2 version is it needs a traffic light because there is so much slow-down and stopping and going, but I cannot guarantee that if you play the xbox version all the problems will be solved, although they are greratly dimminished.
Oh, I don't have any of the emotion guys, but if I did I would insert the crying guy.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:37 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAnt911
As I said I refuse to discuss this any farther, it is stupid and pointless, and to the other guy (don't really care to remember your name) who attacked me: I don't know you, don't want to know you, I didn't even start this thread, and your putting words in my mouth. All I was doing was trying to help out a fellow gamer, and all that I do is get attacked. I never said that ALL people experience this, and all of that other BS that you claim that I said, all I did was offer a surefire solution to the problem. I made no offensive comments to you or anybody else until you guys started with the smart comments, and stupid personal attacks. I have said my peace and I am done with this thread. Have a good one!
I don't see the personnal attck in my post. I basically agreed with what you've said but put a twist on it. I'm sorry if that offended you. But personnal attack? come on...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2005, 11:00 PM   #36
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

well tonite i just bought the ps2 version.....and big ant is ABSOLUTELY right!
i had xbox version, and while the dropped passes didnt "plague" the game, it made it so hard to complete 50 percent of ur passes, and thats with using a lot of high percentage plays like RB and WR screens, i found myself doing that just to get realisitci stats sometimes.....

it is a fact for ME , not an opinion , because i actually took stats for this

5 games played on ps2

23 dropped receiver passes for both teams so thatd be 2.2 drops a game PER team

5 games played on xbox

97 dropped passes !!! for both teams this is nearly 10 drops a game per team....TEN !! thats too many

abnd i play the game the right way, if my rceiver is open im not gonna bullet it, but if hes tight covered and i need to bust one through, a bullet will be thrown

it's disheartening that sometimes u're afraid to throw a bullet too an open receiver just because u're scared of the drops....

thanks for the solution big ant.....made the game experince much much better
Riz,

Last edited by phillyfan23; 10-04-2005 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:13 PM   #37
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I had the xbox and ps2 versions of NCAA '04 and found the PS2 version to have almost no drops, while I had regular dropped passes on the xbox. It has gotten worse on the box over the last few years, but I first noticed the difference between the two platforms back in '04. For someone like me who doesn't have the time to play every day and get really good, the excessive drops are a big problem
Old 10-06-2005, 08:24 PM   #38
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
Also, does pressing the catch button (Y on xbox) when you aren't actually controlling the receiver (computer controlled) increase the likeliehood of a catch, or do you have to switch to control the receiver then press the catch button?
Anyone? Please? Anyone know the answer to this?
Old 10-06-2005, 10:02 PM   #39
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

tried this idea of urs, and sadly the answer is no, it makes no difference at all for the xbox version,still getting huge dropped passes amount by me...

also the dropped passes occur a lot on the cpu side, actually more than for the human, so its really frustrating, coz its so hard for the cpu to get over 50 percent on most nights....even with leinart at the helm

if u have 2 systems....do urself a favor...GET THE PS2 VERSION!!

the game-experience multiplies exponentially, especially if u have to play a pass happy offense like texas tech and such....and the wins feel much more earned because of it

negatives are of course the graphics and the audio, but the gameplay, JUST because of the absence of the drop passes issue, increeases a lot

Riz
Old 10-09-2005, 11:37 PM   #40
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I almost got the PS2 version just because of this issue, but the good feedback on the xbox version before I got the game got me to throw down money on the xbox version. I wish I would have gone PS2 after all. the gameplay experience on the ps2 is a bigger change than the loss of graphics on the ps2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »